Construction Specialties, Inc.
Founded in 1948, Construction Specialties (CS) is a specialty building products manufacturer. CS provides solutions to building challenges that architects, designers, building owners, facility managers, and contractors face every day. Since inventing the first extruded louver, CS has become a global leader in all our product categories. Our products are a part of some of the most iconic buildings around the world-from the world's tallest tower, Burj Khalifa in Dubai, to the Oculus at the World Trade Center Transit Hub in Manhattan. If you want to work in an inspiring atmosphere and collaborate with customers and colleagues to solve challenges, we're the right place for you. CS\: Making Buildings Better®
SCOPE OF POSITION\:
Responsible for leading product management for the Interior Product Solutions product line. The primary role of the product manager is to guide the strategy for new and existing products by representing the customer and businesses interests throughout the product lifecyle (ideation, development, delivery, and discontinuation). They will coordinate cross-functional work to maintain a best-in-class product line experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES\:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including but not necessarily limited to the following\:
- Guides the product strategy
- Defines the product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Has technical product knowledge
- Identifies market opportunities and competitive differentiation
- Defines product requirements and specification documents
- Monitors competitors product line and business activities such as product cost, market share, manufacturing capabilities, etc.
- Stays on top of applicable marketplace trends in technology, value delivery, codes, new materials, aesthetics, life safety, sustainability, resiliency etc.
- Represents the customer
- Gathers, manages and prioritizes market/customer requirements
- Refines the Voice of Customer methodology, plans the outreach activities, and hosts customer feedback sessions to propose product concepts that meet/exceeds the needs of the market
- Acts as the customer advocate by articulating their requirements and translating it to product design requirements, services, and messaging.
- Immerses themselves in the needs and design trends of the market by attending trade shows, read research reports, meets with customers on sales calls, industry associations, etc.
- Optimizes the business strategy
- Manages all aspects of a product (product design, placement, pricing and positioning) by working with product development teams, sales, manufacturing
- Works closely with cross-functional teams (engineering, sales, marketing, operations, etc.) to ensure business and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Leads the development of the business case for new products, improvements to products, and new business ventures to senior management through business plans and project proposals
- Proposes product positioning and messaging
- Recommends product pricing
- Facilitates sales and operations forecasts for new products, standard products, and samples
- Proposes project prioritization of product management activities
- Acts as a project manager on various NPD projects
- Champions NPD projects to ensure customer and business needs are attained throughout the course of the project
- Ensures product data, marketing/sales collateral is accurate and easily accessible
- Tracks progress of KPI's from product launches/business plans and facilitates plans for continuous improvement
- Serves as the product expert
- Acts as the central point of contact for the product inside the company
- Develops internal product education in collaboration with Sales Operations team
- Articulates value proposition and advises on the marketing strategy and messaging for the product line
- Analyzes product metrics on an ongoing basis to optimize the product offering
- Collaborates with finance, accounting and business unit management to assemble and evaluate market potential and financial forecasts for the product line
- Ensures each stage-gate of the new product delivery process is properly followed and makes recommendations on ways to improve the processes and tools
- Performs other duties assigned by management
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, engineering or design with three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Balanced understanding of business (strategy, marketing, operations, finance, etc.) is critical.
- Preferred experience\:
- In the building products industry.
- 3 - 5+ years of prior product management experience/product marketing management
- Project management
- Preferred education\:
- MBA or related masters degree
- PDMA certification
- PMP certification
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong data analysis & visualization capabilities. Experience with tools such as Excel, Tableau, Google Analytics and construction data partners such as Construct Connect
- Proven ability to analyze, prioritize and integrate large amounts of complex information into clear, concise plans
- Communication - ability to simplify and effectively communicate complex concepts in written and verbal formats. Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Self-motivated, self-starter who is eager to learn
- Ability to develop and execute project planning activities
- Experience with leading projects and working in teams
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Willingness to travel an average 20% of the time to connect with third parties