ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with comprehensive product offerings. Providing creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We are guided in our work by four core values that are the basis for our success: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
The safety and health of our team is our top priority. ProAmpac has taken great steps to provide all personal protective equipment and sanitizing supplies to create a safe and healthy work environment for you.
We are actively seeking a winder operator to join our growing team. If you are a Production Supervisor looking for a new opportunity with a leading packaging company, ProAmpac is looking for you to join our team!
What ProAmpac has to offer:
- A unique, 4 on / 4 off schedule (work 12 hour shifts for 4 days, then get 4 days off) - only work for half the year!
- Quarterly bonuses: perfect attendance bonus and gainshare program
- Premium pay built into your shift schedule
- 11 paid company holidays
- 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and other supplemental offerings
- Company-provided life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellness program - living a healthy lifestyle can get you a discount on your health insurance premiums AND other incentives
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversees implementation of procedures and monitors quality, production, and waste.
- Plant walkthrough with supervisors between shifts to discuss any issues or hot items.
- Maintain goals of machine production, quality, waste, plant safety, and cleanliness.
- Complete final job approvals on daily production runs.
- Coordinate routine maintenance checks of machines for preventative maintenance and repairs needed and writes maintenance work orders if necessary to ensure efficient operation of machinery.
- Communication of production schedules established by Production Planner with previous and following shift.
- Monitor and track daily attendance of all employees on shift.
- Check unavailable roll stock report on a daily basis
- Implements and maintains training program for employees.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the policies and procedures in company handbook and enforces when necessary.
- Completes performance reviews of employees in a timely manner.
- Conducts monthly safety and quality meetings with employees.
- Verifies that daily housekeeping tasks are completed.
- Oversees other departments when supervisors are unavailable.
- Participates in rotation of supervisors to ensure weekend coverage within the plant.
- Assist in the generation of multiple reports from AS400.
- Oversees and maintain upkeep of production equipment
- Communicates with Customer Service Department to answer questions on production capabilities.
- Reviews jobs for appropriate specifications and the department's ability to run them when new orders are being placed.
- Assists operators when needed in maintaining and adjusting equipment.
- Researches items that may lead to a more efficient operation (i.e. new equipment)
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality in ones' area of responsibility and continually monitor them to ensure they are effective.
- Answering customer complaints through the analysis of bags, drafting a resolution, reviewing the measures with work crews, and educating crews on quality standards.
- College degree with 2-3 years' experience in a printing or packaging related field, OR 5-7 years' experience in a printing or packaging related field.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to all levels of the organization
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment