At Creighton, you are part of something big. Your skills and passions unite with thousands of faculty, staff and students inspired to change the world. Here, we offer meaningful work driven by a 475-year-old Jesuit tradition committed to social justice and serving others. Through this tradition, we push the boundaries on innovation. We pursue new knowledge for the betterment of society. We seek to improve our world through Catholic and Jesuit values. And it all starts with you.
Works in collaboration with the Associate Dean, Faculty Chair, and in direct support of the Director of Student Affairs and Operations for the successful operation of the College of Nursing (CON) campus in Grand Island. This includes but is not limited to coordinating activities and functions for the campus and ensuring goals and objectives are accomplished. Corresponds with outside agencies for vendors, etc. and coor dinates and provides administrative support of a specific program or program(s). Plans and coordinates the day-to-day fiscal, administrative, and operational activities of a specific program or program(s). The program(s), may be scientific, research, educational, or service oriented. Duties typically include grant planning and administration, budget management and control, program implementation and administration, internal and external operational/administrative liaison, program marketing, and reporting.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor s Degree preferred
- 4 years administrative and/or office management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to lead and train staff and/or students
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, and budgeting procedures
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports
- Ability to function effectively as a team member, while exercising independent and critical judgment
- Ability to prioritize work with multiple and conflicting demands in a deadline-oriented environment
Seeing: %, Hearing: %, Standing/Climbing/Mobility: 0 24%, Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0 24 % (pound: 10 lbs.), Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: %, Travel: No, Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No
Change the World From Here
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.