Areas of Interest
Albuquerque - New Mexico - United States of America, Atlanta - Georgia - United States of America, Austin - Texas - United States of America, Baltimore - Maryland - United States of America, Boston - Massachusetts - United States of America, Charleston - South Carolina - United States of America, Chicago - Illinois - United States of America, Cincinnati - Ohio - United States of America, Dallas - Texas - United States of America, Houston - Texas - United States of America, Miami - Florida - United States of America, New York City - New York - United States of America, Newport Beach - California - United States of America, Philadelphia - Pennsylvania - United States of America, Phoenix - Arizona - United States of America, Sacramento - California - United States of America, San Diego - California - United States of America, Seattle - Washington - United States of America, Tampa - Florida - United States of America, Washington - District of Columbia - United States of America, Washington, D.C. - District of Columbia - United States of America
This position can work in any US City with a CBRE office nearby.
CBRE Hotels Research operates within CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE: CBRE), the world s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, and specializes in analyzing and reporting on both the historical and future performance of the lodging industry. We prepare a variety of forecast and benchmarking reports, as well as maintain extensive databases of hotel income statements and property prices. These reports and data provide the foundation for strategic planning by all who have an interest in hotel property financial performance.
Presently, the Trends database contains 250 revenue and expense items taken from the annual operating statements of 7,000 properties located in the U.S. and Canada. These data are used to publish the annual Trends in the Hotel Industry reports, as well as provide customized financial benchmarking reports through its BenchmarkerSM service.
We are looking for a Program Manger or Sr. Manager to join a cross-functional team of experts. In this position, you will be required use your IT projects development and management skills to implement strategic development plan ("Program") that will improve data acquisition, data quality, system efficiency, and service level of the Trends reports and BenchmarkerSM services.
Successful candidates must be able to strategize and define development plans related to data collection, data management, and coverage expansion both in geographic regions and published performance frequency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop the program development plan that is aligned with CBRE s short to long term strategies, through collaboration with cross-functional, cross-regional teams to gather business and technical requirements for the desired system. The internal teams include, but not limited to, compliance experts, regional hotels data custodians, business units such as research, data science, advisory, valuation, capital markets.
• Manage the program s scope, prioritization of development projects and their dependency, timeline, budget and associated risks to facilitate smooth implementation.
• Manage the implementation of dependent projects under the program, adopting an agile approach, to reach strategic goals and within agreed timeline.
• Regularly update Program Director on the projects progress, utilization of budget and other resources for review and actions.
• When required, prepare report and/or conduct presentation of projects deliverables to the senior management that include objective metrics of success measurements and overall program s status update.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
• Experience with the hardware technology and database languages that are used currently and in alignment with CBRE's planned migration to the Enterprise Data Platform. Knowledge in data visualization, analytic tools and frontend languages (e.g. HTML, Tableau, Python, Stata) will be an added advantage.
• Experience with developing business cases for technology initiatives is preferred
• Prior supervisory or business consulting experience is an added advantage.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university.
• Demonstrated ability and with at least 4-year experience in IT project management processes, tools and techniques. The IT experience with managing the projects scope, content, timeline, integration in Hotel industry and across the regions is an added advantage.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
• PgMP (Program Management Professional), PMP (Project Management Professional), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certifications preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management, and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take the desired action.
• Ability to gather, understand and integrate feedback from the internal stakeholders across multiple hotel business lines within CBRE for the program developments.
• Ability to work across time zones and with individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds and skillsets.
• Understanding of hotels terminology, typical commercial real estate terms and calculations is preferred.
• Understanding of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
• Ability to solve advanced problems.
• Expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment.
• Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Strong process skills, negotiating, decision-making and analytical skills are necessary.
• Ability to build and maintain effective professional/client relationships.
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
• Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines.
• Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NOTE: An additional requirement for this role is the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing.