Our Transmission & Distribution global practice is looking for a Project Manager to manage substation design projects, ranging from 12-kV to 500-kV.
The Project Manager will manage, direct and coordinate all aspects of work related to greenfield and brownfield projects at substations, switching stations and/or collector stations. The Project Manager will report directly to the Department Manager and is responsible for the profit and loss of individual projects, the successful completion of projects within specified dates, and establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with the Owner, subcontractors, regulatory agencies and other project stakeholders. Major responsibilities for the Project Manager will include:
- Prepare proposals, assist in presentations, and participate in contract negotiations;
- Provide overall management of projects from concept to completion including siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, construction management, and closeout.
- Develop and monitor project schedules, manage scope, and control project costs.
- Assist with internal project financials, staffing, legal coordination, risk management, change management, and human resource issues.
- Serve as primary point of contact with client regarding efforts such as client coordination, strategic planning, master scope management, budget finances, subcontracting, project staffing, environmental compliance, facility support and schedule attainment.
- Manage all aspects of project communication
- Develop and implement project policies and procedures, establish project controls systems and implement the project execution plan.
- Work closely with the Project Team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to client's satisfaction and that projects are following internal QA/QC guidelines.
- Report regularly on progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring office support.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited curriculum.
- Minimum of seven years of utility substation project experience with at least 3 years related project management experience.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel. Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
Project Management Primary Location
Yes, 15 % of the Time Req ID: