CA - Los AngelesJob Type:
Full timeJob Title:
Purchasing AssistantJob Description:GENERAL PURPOSE:
Compiles and prepares information to accurately support all the phases of the procurement of materials, services, equipment and supplies.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and reviews specifications of purchase order requests
- Procures materials, services, equipment, and supplies
- Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company
- Researches discrepancies between materials, parts, equipment, and supplies delivered against orders and/or invoicing
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of materials, parts, equipment, and supplies beginning with intent to purchase through delivery
- Maintains data in the YESCO database
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records
- Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements
- Searches inventory records or warehouse to determine if material on hand is in sufficient quantity
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS:
- Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute materials, parts, equipment, and supplies in a cost effective manner
- Reviews new technologies, materials, and products for possible future use
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Interacts daily with vendors both in-person, electronically, and on the telephone working to procure materials, parts, equipment, and supplies for sign projects
- Interacts daily with employees and purchasing agents in the field and in the office to discuss materials, parts, equipment, and supplies needs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school in business or a related discipline required; or two years or more demonstrated experience in purchasing or related areas or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers
- Ability to apply mathematical calculations regarding estimates
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, inventory, design, internet, order processing, project management, and manufacturing software
- Ability to communicate in person, electronically, and over the telephone
- Ability to review documents to purchase commodities necessary to meet YESCO's needs and expectations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed indoors in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to sit; use computer to enter data; use telephone to converse with vendors. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift up to 25 or more pounds. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Specific vision abilities include clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.We maintain a drug free workplace. Young Electric Sign Company is an EEO/AA employer. We welcome all qualified jobseekers. Jobseekers will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.