Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 0730 - 16:00 - 39 hours per week
Salary: £24,000 per annum
- 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Company pension
- Free electric car charging - ample charge points
- Sick Pay (after 12 months employment)
- Workwear supplied twice yearly: Polo Shirt, Sweatshirt + 1 off Jacket
- PPE Supplied
- Paid breaks
- Ample free parking
- Company social events
- Company values reward scheme - vouchers
- Sausage Roll Tuesday (non-meat option available)
The PCE GROUP of Companies provide cutting edge automated solutions to global markets, spanning a variety of industry sectors, including Medical/Ocular and Pharmaceutical.
With over 40 years' experience in providing bespoke turnkey automation, ranging from stand-alone machines to fully integrated high throughput cells. We pride ourselves on being able to offer our customers the complete in-house solution - from design to delivery.
The Role - Purchasing Assistant:
Accomplished and highly motivated individual to work with the supply Chain team and the wider business to assist the procurement and delivery of parts to the assembly team in a timely manner. You will be working closely with the procurement team across both the PCE Group's sites in Beccles, Suffolk and Lutterworth, Leicestershire.
Responsibilities - Purchasing Assistant:
The following list is an indication of roles and responsibilities you will be expected to undertake within our organisation. The list is not exhaustive and intended as guidance only.
- Raise purchase orders on MRP and accounting systems.
- Maintaining pre-agreed purchase prices.
- Maintaining inventory at agreed stock levels and placing orders to cover stock shortfalls.
- Stock level management within MRP system.
- Contacting suppliers with RFQs.
- Carry out daily and weekly stock counts on site, as well as for year-end.
- Reconcile purchase orders and credit notes.
- Develop & maintain working relationship with suppliers.
- Liaising with suppliers daily.
- Expediting of existing purchase orders.
- Liaising with internal customers/suppliers across the Group. Including updating the Project Management team on order statuses.
- Day to day supplier negotiation.
- Creating and amending bill of materials.
- Booking dispatches and collections with couriers and partner hauliers.
- Preparing delivery documentation.
- Assisting Goods-In when required to book in and maintain efficient stock movement throughout the site.
- Assisting the spares department on Procurement and Goods In functions.
- Collaborating with the Assembly team for de-kitting at the end of a project.
Person Specification - Aftersales Administration Assistant:
The following list is an indication of the skills that the successful candidate will possess, in fulfilment of the position.
- IT Literacy
- Sound commercial acumen with basic understanding of purchasing, negotiation, and costings
- Good communication, organisational skills, and strong attention to detail
- Previous experience in a manufacturing background is desirable