Primoris Transmission and Distribution Services is currently searching for a Purchasing Associate in the Fort Worth, TX area.
Work involves initiating purchase requests and keeping track of the stages through which, each order is routed until receipt and payment. Work is usually performed under general supervision and requires the use of independent judgment and initiative while continuing to work within defined procurement policies and procedures:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for following procurement processes and procedures
- Reach out to vendors on activities related to the procured materials needed for bids and contracts.
- Work with AP and IT on process improvements.
- Create purchase orders.
- Analyze and reconcile invoices to ensure accuracy of goods delivered.
- Works directly with the estimating department to determine most cost-effective procurement solution for customer projects.
- Assists in preparing technical evaluation of procurement bids for customer RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Maintains contact with vendors regarding orders and merchandise, new products, market conditions, and trends.
- Identifies minority firms as possible suppliers.
- Prepares periodic reports related to purchasing, shipping and receiving materials.
- Confers with departments to determine purchasing needs and specifications.
- Obtains and updates information on open market and contract purchase prices.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Some college is preferred.
- Previous experience as in procurement of materials or a similar type experience.
- Knowledge of supply chain/procurement processes.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Working experience of relevant computer software.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solving.
- Quick learner with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain focus, and adapt to a variety of challenges.
- Ability to conduct detailed procedures in a time constrained environment.
- Able to work independently and within a team.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Third-Party Agency Notice:
Primoris will not accept any unsolicited resumes from any third-party recruiting agencies either domestic or international. Primoris nor its subsidiaries will be responsible for any fees from the use of any unsolicited resumes either through our ATS or via electronic mail systems from any agency representative or agency consultant unless your firm is an approved vendor partner with a current executed agreement