MetroNet has an immediate opening for an energetic; Quality Control Engineer!
Ideally this position would be based out of our offices in Evansville, Indiana but could be remote within our footprint.
At MetroNet, our culture is at the heart of everything we do. This is seen in the way we serve our customers, interact with each other, and take care of our company. As one of the fastest growing 100% Fiber-Optic technology companies, we pride ourselves on having an outstanding company culture and work environment. We value work-life harmony and your ability to manage your workload
We re looking for motivated, self-starters to join our team and help us build upon our culture!Why MetroNet?
We believe that work/life harmony should be easy to achieve. We offer a variety of resources and support needed to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.Total Rewards:
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by the company
- Company-paid Disability and Life insurance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- 401(k) company match dollar for dollar up to 6%
- Equipment and resources provided on day one
- Opportunities for advancement
- Professional development programs
- Associate perks and discounts
- Discounted MetroNet service in our serviceable area
- And more!
Reporting to the Supervisor of OSP Quality Control, the Quality Control Engineer will be responsible for working with various groups within the organization to ensure the quality and accuracy of OSP design products. The Quality Control Engineer must thoroughly understand all relevant issues so that key internal and external stakeholders are appropriately identified and involved.What you will be doing:
What You Need For This Position:
- Work directly with the engineering staff to ensure that projects are designed in accordance with all applicable permitting requirements and to establish or utilize the most effective and cost-efficient compliant path forward.
- Ability to identify and interpret Railroad and Highway crossings.
- Identify Right of Way areas (State, City and County) on engineering prints ensuring that they are within legal limits of any given market.
- Identify legitimate easements that design engineers have utilized to maintain connectivity throughout the market.
- Work directly with individual Project Managers, Construction Managers, Splicers, etc. to resolve technical issues that may arise over the course of construction.
- Review FTTH designs to insure compliance with standards, accuracy and completeness.
- Review cost estimates for accuracy and completeness.
- Review and evaluate change orders to determine the cause and take appropriate corrective actions to avoid repeats on future estimates.
- Escalates issues to management in a timely fashion.
- Manages interactions needed to enable the efficient and timely progression of the work.
- Possesses strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Displays exceptional written & verbal communication skills.
- Shows strong initiative and ability to follow direction.
- Is detail oriented with exceptional team building skills.
- Possesses ability to effectively and efficiently work multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Has strong computer skills, with emphasis using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Project. Experience with AutoCAD, 3GIS and Spatial designs preferred.
- Three years of OSP construction/design experience, or an acceptable equivalency in education and experience. Extensive knowledge of telecommunications and utility construction methods.
- Strong computer skills, with emphasis using Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
- Advanced understanding of mapping, GIS and CADD drafting programs.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Find out what it means to love your career and apply now!
MetroNet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER