Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
Under general supervision of Service Line Director; is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Urology Service Line quality and patient safety clinical protocols, including infection control, education, training, audits.
- Develops and implements a plan for ongoing quality and patient safety surveillance. Implements the surveillance activities according to risk assessment and improvement plans set forth by the quality and safety committee through the medical group and the Tallwood Urology and Kidney Institute.
- Reports routinely on results of prevention and surveillance activities; including, but not limited to: Environment of Care (EOC) rounds, current problems/issues/investigations, special projects related to quality and patient safety issues, and follow-up on previous recommendations. Surveillance activities related to the patient EOC including and not limited
- Provides education to all new nurses for the urology service line consistent with national, regulatory and professional guidelines. Training including and not limited to: Quality and safety guidelines, policy and procedure.
- Provides education to all new nurses for the urology service line consistent with national, regulatory and professional guidelines. Training including and not limited to: Quality and safety guidelines, policy and procedure (such as Sterile field, CPR, PPE and Urology orientation).
- Recruits all clinical (Non-Provider) staff onboarding in collaboration with the practice manager and regional leadership.
- Management of non-provider clinical staff in urology service line.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Current CT RN license required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required
- Masters in health, health sciences, public health, health administration preferred.
- 2 years of professional experience with 2 years Management experience in a clinical setting required.
- Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance experience in the medical field preferred.
- CPHQ certification and Certified in Infection Control is preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.