Are you interested in working a full-time schedule in only 4 days per week? Then Iowa Premium may be the place for you!
Iowa Premium, a National Beef Company in Tama, Iowa, is looking for a qualified professional to join our Maintenance Team as a Refrigeration Technician. With competitive pay and benefits, safe and stable work, and an environment that is caring and supportive, Iowa Premium could become your next career move!
Hourly wage for this position starts at $25.50 per hour up to $35.50 per hour depending on experience.
- Relocation Package and Qualification Bonus available
- Family-friendly benefits including health, vision and dental
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Vacation after 1 year of service
- Paid Holiday, personal days, birthday
- Employee Meat Purchase Sales
- Paid Life Insurance
For more information on Iowa Premium, click here!
Refrigeration Technician position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operating, repairing, servicing, trouble shooting, and maintaining boiler and industrial refrigeration (B&E) equipment and systems for the plant. This includes compressors, condensers, blast freezers, ammonia pumps, evaporators, and all associated valves, piping and instrumentation.
- Performing periodic testing of ammonia detection systems
- Monitoring and repairing hot water heaters, water filters and reservoirs; as well as electrical control panels
- Repairing and maintaining utility equipment such as steam, water, air and standby equipment including temperature controls, thermostats, meters, and temperature and pressure chart recorders
- Maintaining ongoing improvement and upkeep of all utility areas
- Maintaining preventative and corrective maintenance policies, procedures and reporting
- Performing HAZMAT team assignments as required and assisting in the Emergency Response Program
- Performing other duties as assigned
This is a safety sensitive position. This is not a remote position.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Proven work history in Boiler and industrial refrigeration (B&E) in the beef industry preferred
- Strong Knowledge in RCM dealing with PMs, PDMs and specialty training related to RCM process
- Disciplined in areas related to industrial maintenance; electrical, fabrication, fluid power, machining, mechanical, plumbing, welding, construction
- Mechanical skills and understanding of basic machine functions
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, saws, drills, and wrenches
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness to work and be on time when scheduled
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Strong work ethic and eye for detail
- Exemplary safety record (with previous employer)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- General knowledge of plant layout
- Valid Driver's License
Physical requirements for this position are as follows:
- Climbing occasionally - Heights up to 50 feet
- Stooping occasionally
- Crouching occasionally
- Standing for 8 or more hours per day
- Walking frequently
- Pushing frequently
- Pulling frequently
- Grasping frequently
- Repetitive motions frequently
- Lifting: 0 - 100#
- Environment: Hot and Cold
- Environment: Some exposure to the elements
Iowa Premium, a National Beef Company, is dedicated to being the premier supplier of premium family farm-raised corn-fed Black Angus beef. Our employees are key to our success. Come join our family!