Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
40 hour day shift; charge RN; every other weekend required
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent's is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system's second-largest hospital.
- Provides direct patient care to behavioral health patients in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the facility.
- Performs initial and on-going bio-psychosocial assessments according to accepted standards of nursing practice. Develops a nursing plan of care consistent with the master treatment plan.
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient.
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and conducts and/or co- leads group therapy sessions for patients
- Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises nursing plan of care as needed. Collaborates with the treatment team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient status.
- Performs appropriate assessments of patients per hospital policy and identifies physical, psychosocial, cultural spiritual and age-related needs in order to provide individualized care of the patient.
- Develops and documents a comprehensive plan of nursing care in collaboration with the patient and family to meet the physical, psychosocial,spiritual, cultural and age-related needs of patients in order to facilitate the delivery of care.
- Provides direct patient care according to physician's order and appropriate protocols as evidenced by documentation in patient's medical record and direct supervisor or peer observation.
- Evaluates and recognizes changes in patients' physical and psychosocial status and revises the plan of care as necessary.
- Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel, consistent with their level of education and expertise in order to meet patients' needs and to maximize staff performance.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to behavioral health patients and to interact with the interdisciplinary team in order to achieve the desired outcomes for patients.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015), ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Associate Degree required, Bachelor Degree preferred and Experience in an acute care psychiatric setting is preferred. Evidence of leadership ability. Must be able to both individually and as a team member successfully manage out of control patients using the methods outlined in the MOAB training.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.