Come see why Wesley Enhanced Living is Ranked #4 in the Nation as a Best Workplace in our industry!
The Registered Nurse is responsible to make a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. Is accountable for resident care on the assigned unit. The Nurse is responsible for performing a variety of duties to provide quality nursing care to residents to maintain or attain the highest practical level of functioning; implementing specific procedures and programs; participating with the charge nurses and the Director of Nursing in establishing specific goals; determining work procedures and expediting work flow; and insuring compliance with all operating policies and procedures.
The Registered Nurse would:
- Be responsible and accountable for resident care, staff and the environment of care.
- Ensures thorough and prompt reporting of incidents with follow-up as necessary to the DON and/or Administrator.
- Encourage each resident's ability to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychological well being and thus performs various duties to provide quality nursing care to residents and to coordinate total nursing care for the residents as illustrated by the following:
- Assess residents and analyze obtained information to develop appropriate interventions to prevent decline; record signs of change in condition, notify appropriate staff per facility protocol to evaluate weight loss, decline in ambulation, change in performance of ADL's, development of skin breakdown, etc.; observe conditions which indicate possible need for restorative nursing programs and then notify appropriate staff per facility protocol of the need for evaluation; inform the physician of changes in assessment when appropriate.
- Assess the resident upon admission and develop interim care plan, contribute to the full care plan, and update the care plan as warranted and as required; attend and participate at the Plan of Care meetings as scheduled.
- Administer medications and treatments to residents as needed; monitor the administration of intravenous fluids as needed; place orders for medications from the pharmacy.
- Perform other duties as required.
At Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) our employees love what they do because we have created an environment of possibilities to help them learn, grow, and have the opportunity to make an impact each and every day.
At WEL, you will be paid a competitive compensation and enjoy a generous benefits package including schedule flexibility!
Some of our benefits include:
- Health Insurance (including prescription and vision)
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) plans
- Wellnes program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Other generous benefits
WEL is ranked #4 in the nation on the 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces in Aging Services list, and has been a Certified Great Place to Work for the past four years in a row. We got here because of our amazingly talented employees and their commitment to our mission of making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents!
We welcome your application and invite you to visit: to learn more about our 130+ year young organization, our enhanced living philosophy, and our award winning team of employees.
For the safety and protection of our residents, employees, and visitors our organization requires that all staff members receive the COVID-19 vaccine and the booster.
New nurses are welcome to apply!
An Equal Opportunity Employer | A Mandatory COVID-19, Booster Influenza Vaccine Employer
Education or Degree Requirement:
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
- Current RN license with the State of Pennsylvania.
- CPR Certification