Founded in 1991 with the idea to be the alternative to the big banks, Wintrust has since grown into a financial services company with more than $45 billion in assets, headquartered in Rosemont, Illinois. Through our multiple companies and divisions, we provide traditional community banking and commercial banking services, wealth management solutions, commercial and life insurance premium financing, mortgage origination, and short-term accounts receivable financing and certain administrative services, such as data processing of payrolls, billing, and treasury management services. We provide community-oriented personal and business banking services to customers located in the greater Chicagoland area, northwest Indiana, and southern Wisconsin through more than 175 community bank locations.
Wintrust was founded with the idea to be the alternative to the big banks. We are looking for top talent to join Chicago's Bank®, as a full-time Relationship Banker! This role is critical to our business and we are proud to be offering a sign-on bonus to hire top talent!
Why join us?
- An award-winning culture! We are rated a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune (past 8 years) and Employee Recommended award by the Globe & Mail (past 6 years)
- Competitive pay and annual discretionary bonus eligible
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, a 401k plan with a generous company match and tuition reimbursement to name a few
- Family-friendly work hours
- With 175+ community bank locations, we offer opportunities to grow and develop in your career
- Promote from within culture
What you'll do:
As a Relationship Banker, you will build and retain meaningful relationships with your customers, using your financial knowledge to recommend thoughtful solutions to meet their needs. In this dual role, you will contribute to the success of the branch by:
- Build lasting relationships with customers, discover their financial needs and tailor product and service recommendations
- Collaborate with business partners (Mortgage, Wealth Management) to connect customers to experts who can help with specialized needs
- Operate a teller drawer serving customers in the lobby/drive-up
- Open accounts, perform account maintenance and assist customers with digital products
- Recognize potential fraud and other risks
- Depending on the shift, you might be responsible for bank opening/closing
- Help support community and bank events
- 1-3 years of experience in a customer service, financial service, or sales role
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Intermediate computer skills
From our first day in business, Wintrust has been proud to serve a variety of unique communities and people from all walks of life. To be Chicago's Bank®, we need to reflect that diversity in all of the communities we serve, the people we employ, the organizations we work with, and our banking and lending practices.
Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.