About This Role
Hello prospective pickle! Design Pickle is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our team and help us develop new ways to inspire our customers and streamline processes for our global network of creatives.
The ideal candidate will be able to create efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable data models, ETL designs and data integration services. They will also be required to support and manage growth of these data solutions. Given our aspirational vision, to be the most helpful creative platform in the world, and the nature of our products, this role requires entrepreneurial drive and thinking, comfort with ambiguity, and ability to break down and solve complex problems.
If you have ever wanted to make a significant contribution and help shape the trajectory of a startup, this role is for you! Reports to:
Director of Data Science & Analytics On a daily basis, works closely with
Engineering, Product Management, Product Marketing and Global Operations. Location:
Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Company Hub in Scottsdale, Arizona. Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We're a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don't stress if pickles aren't your thing. It's not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something though because our employees' uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose, and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to your role, we're looking for individuals who have .
Bonus Pickle Points:
- Proficiency in one of the following languages: Python, Java, R, C/C+
- Proven track record in MLOPS, including designing and implementing machine learning and deep learning algorithms, ideally using tools and libraries such as pytroch, tensorflow, PySpark.
- Experience in natural language processing or computer vision using deep learning models is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient with SQL database.
- Hands-on experience with a large scale NoSQL (ie MongoDB, Neo4j, AWS S3, etc.) storage solution is a plus.
- Proficient in Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Experience with both batch and streaming analytics architectures.
- Experience with big data analytics tools such as Hadoop and/or Spark is a plus.
- Detail oriented and strong interpersonal skills.
- MS in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science or related field. Or 3+ years of equivalent experience.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working with AWS services - S3, Redshift, ML
- Experience working with and building reports using tools like PowerBI, Tableau
- Experience working autonomously in global teams.
- Experience influencing critical decisions with data.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
Benefits, Compensation, and Perks Uncapped PTO :
- Conduct cutting-edge research and development of novel machine and deep learning models that promote and advance Design Pickle business objectives.
- Apply your expertise in advanced analytics, data mining, and presentation of data to facilitate senior leadership decision-making to produce better products and customer experience.
- Build and maintain high quality Business Intelligence (BI) tools that provide reports, dashboards and metrics to better inform current and future business trends.
- Apply MLOPS framework to manage development of data resources, gather requirements, organize sources, and support launches while keeping the team focused on engineering and operational excellence.
- Partner with Senior Leadership, Product, Engineering, and Global Operations teams to solve problems and identify opportunities and areas of improvement.
Hate seeing your PTO hours decrease as the year goes on? Not anymore! There is no cap or number associated with the amount of PTO days you can request. Major medical healthcare :
We major medical plans through United Healthcare which is managed seamlessly through Employee Navigator Dental and vision insurance :
We work with Beam Dental and VSP for ancillary coverage. Remote-work flexibility :
More productive at home? Not based in Scottsdale, AZ? Fine with us! We are a remote-first company with people all over the country. 401K :
Plan for your future with a 401K, managed by Securian Financial, with a 3% company match. World-class Company Hub :
More productive in an office? Also, fine with us! Our Company Hub is set up with state-of-the-art standing desks, high-definition monitors, breakout rooms for meetings and calls, a podcast studio, a relaxation room, a merch wall, and a cold plunge! .yes, we said a cold plunge. In-office gym :
Our Company Hub also has a small CrossFit-style gym with Peloton studio available for any pickles to use! Life-changing massage chair :
We change lives through creativity .and massages. Our team has traveled far and wide to take advantage of a life-changing massage chair that is housed in our Company Hub. One massage is all it will take to radically transform your life. New parent leave :
Design Pickle encourages all primary caregivers to take up to 8 weeks leave for a new family member, including adoption, at full salary. Paid training and personal development :
We offer a yearly stipend for employees to continue to grow their skillset and learn things to help them in their careers. Pet insurance :
Have a furry friend? Design Pickle offers pet insurance through United Pet Care for discounted vet visits, medication, and procedures. Team retreats, social events, and adventures :
Pickle collaboration is important to us! We host regular social events, get-togethers, and experiences for our staff. About Design Pickle
Design Pickle was founded in 2015 with a vision to change lives through its creative software, solutions, and services. Since then, the company has grown to be the #1 flat-rate creative services company in the world. We have served tens of thousands of clients with a team that spans the globe.
In 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022, Inc. 5000 listed Design Pickle as one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
We are a company that takes our core values to heart: Be the SPARK
Let your fire and passion inspire someone else's day. DRIVE Performance
Seek out new ways to improve performance, satisfaction, and impact for our customers. Less is more rules supreme. Give it to me STRAIGHT
Lead with radical and professional candor in every situation. Graciously accept when others do the same. Move forward together and aligned. HELP when nobody's watching
Find opportunities to support each other and our clients beyond the day-to-day. Lean into HARD
We thoughtfully select our challenges and tenaciously commit to conquering them. Make your own PICKLES
We are a collection of incredible individuals who challenge ourselves and each other to grow. Change is celebrated as a sign of progress.
You can learn more about our company, our vision, and what we stand for on our website and social channels. We can't wait to meet you-thank you in advance for your application!
Design Pickle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will often hear members of the Design Pickle team refer to themselves as pickles. Pickles come in an infinite amount of variety, and as such, the pickles at Design Pickle celebrate every aspect of our diverse workforce and do not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, nationality, (dis)ability, gender, gender expression, or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. The right pickle for the right opportunity. Design Pickle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Notice to Staffing and Recruiting Agencies
Design Pickle will not accept resumes from any source other than the candidate. Any unsolicited resume sent to Design Pickle will be considered Design Pickle sourced.