Were a leader in the pet care industry, which means were not only ahead in volume, profit and market share, but our associates dare to Stand Taller. We innovate new products, impart new agilities into existing processes, constantly advance pet nutrition, and always pay it forward in the form of service for our communities and families. Are you up for the dare? Position Summary
As a Machine Learning Engineer you will be part of a team dedicated to delivering quality and efficient solutions for our manufacturing sites through data strategy and quality. You will work with business and factory stakeholders to better understand reoccurring outages and production issues to develop prediction models through ML and AI to avoid future occurrences and improve factory efficiency. You will take on project work with sponsorship from either the factory or the business to contribute to the overall goal of delivering high quality products as efficiently as possible. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes analytical, statistical, and programming skills to understand how possible analytical techniques align to business questions and challenges across the Purina enterprise
- Models statistical and analytical solutions to business challenges using diagnostic, prescriptive and predictive techniques by collecting, analyzing, and interpreting large data sets
- Work with factory stakeholders to fully understand their data and enable insight discovery
- Embeds successful value generating models as key components in industrialized solutions within operations through collaboration with Control Integrators and Data Engineers
- Knows how to evangelize high-impact success stories, supports the strategic direction of the Purina Data Science community, and brings disruptive/innovative data science ways of working into Purina
- Participate in the end-to-end lifecycle of analytics and data projects through the use of DevOps, code and model management, CI/CD and other industry standard practices that enable analytics at scale
- Integrates machine learning solutions with Manufacturing Controls/Automation Systems
- Develops machine learning models, optimizes, and automates model training and testing for experimentation, development, and production.
- Leverages existing technical skillsets, develops new ones, or works with consultants to drive results
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Data Science, Computer Science, or related field
- 2+ years of professional experience in data analysis
- 2+ years professional experience in a data science role
- Advanced proficiency in Python or PySpark and use of relevant libraries (such as MLlib) previously delivering business value
- Professional experience in building, training, and testing AI/ ML models based on the data
- Professional experience in creating visualizations and using tools to present/tell the story of the results (PowerBI or Tableau)
- Experience with internal or external customer-facing consultation
- Experience with AZURE or similar cloud platform
- Experience with query languages such as SQL, MDX, and DAX
- Basic understanding of Agile and CI/CD DevOps principles
- Professional experience in productionizing and scaling successful AI/ML models with proven value return
- Experience with formal or informal mentoring/coaching programs
- Experience with rolling out ML models for the manufacturing domain
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestl. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestl seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where youll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestl home.
The Nestl Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-.