We Are Hiring:
Registered Nurse/Med Surg
Full-Time, Days (3x12hr shifts)
St Thomas Rutherford Hospital - Murfreesboro, TN
UP TO $10,000 SIGNING BONUS
We are a 36-bed med-surg unit that cares for multiple patients ranging from neurological, respiratory, cardiac, gastrointestinal, renal and endocrine medical conditions. RNs will receive training and gain the knowledge and experience to care for patients in a team centered atmosphere. Teamwork is key to success on the floor. Our nurses work closely with our patients to discharge safely and heal quickly. Applicants can expect a fast-paced, team-oriented environment supported by a supportive Nurse Manager!
The Management structure of 6E consists of the Unit Manager, Unit Director as well as a Clinical Supervisor daily.
The staff is composed of RN's, Care Partners and Unit Coordinators and RN assignments are determined by patient census and acuity. Normal RN ratios are 6:1.
Our Medical Surgical Unit is now part of the new Caregiver Model- you are eligible to receive a quarterly incentive based on unit performance on key metrics. The incentive plan will have a quarterly measurement period, effective the following month in which a new quarter begins and will be paid according to the incentive policy. You will work side by side with the best nursing staff and teammates while receiving top notch training to further your long-term career with Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford.
Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital is the leading healthcare provider in Rutherford County and we continue to grow our services in order to meet the healthcare needs of our community. Our mission is to serve all persons, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable, while improving the health of individuals and communities. You will work side by side with the best nursing staff and teammates while receiving top notch training to further your long-term career with Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford.
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare's toughest challenges.
- Compensation/Benefits : At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
We are looking for engaged and positive people to help find ways to change healthcare for the future- if this is you, apply today so we can start the conversation!
What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.