Semi Senior Accountant Job Vacancy
What we're looking for
Are you a Semi Senior Accountant looking to work with an independent accountancy firm that will value your expertise?
Are you a Junior Accountant looking to work for a firm of accountants that will provide learning programmes within a positive and supportive environment? If so, this role for a Semi Senior Accountant in Watford with a forward thinking, independent firm of accountants could be for you.
Perhaps you're studying towards your ACA, CA or ACCA qualification or are already qualified? You'll certainly have an appetite to become qualified and ideally you will have more than eighteen months of experience within an accountancy practice.
This role will focus on delivering a range of accountancy services for an impressive client portfolio. It will suit someone that can hit the ground running, someone who has great soft skills, can be a team player, and has an excellent working knowledge of accounts preparation.
You'll need first-class communication skills and the ability to build relationships with clients and colleagues, always aiming to deliver customer service excellence. You'll be expected to attend meetings on client premises, so you'll need to be a good communicator.
It goes without saying that you'll be IT savvy and familiar with using cloud-based accounting systems. And you'll have excellent attention to detail and accuracy when it comes to producing accounts.
- Support a varied client portfolio, including Limited companies, Sole traders, Partnerships and LLPs.
- Statutory and management accounts preparation.
- Preparation of income and expenditure accounts for clients as required.
- Bookkeeping and organisation of accounting records.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Preparation and submission of personal and corporate tax returns.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Provide excellent service to clients by supporting and answering queries.
- Providing work to junior team members and reviewing once completed.
- Work closely with the senior management team, including supporting Partners with projects.
- Contribute to the accountancy firm's growth by retaining existing clients and building relationships with prospective clients.
- Work as part of a team that fosters a supportive and inclusive environment.
About the Employer
This independent firm prides itself on offering a friendly and value driven place of employment for a core team of talented accountants.
As a firm they strive to deliver a bespoke and enhanced level of service to their portfolio of loyal clients offering proactive solutions on a wide range of topics that span well beyond compliance.
They also provide their workforce with the opportunity to be part of a fun and vibrant team by offering a great workspace and committing to the wellbeing and professional development of their staff.
What's on offer?
- £26,000 - £35,000 per annum
- Full time, permanent role
- Company pension
- Generous holiday allowance
- Study support
- Career development opportunities
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new accountancy jobs across the UK and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.