Are you a cloud architecture enthusiast that thrives at the intersection of design, technology, and business? Do you have focused experience utilizing Azure to develop enterprise-level applications? Would you like to work as a remote, full-time employee within a stable industry? Would you like to work for a company that fosters career growth and provides upward mobility opportunities? If so, we'd love to connect with you!
We are looking for a Senior Application Architect to join our team that is passionate about designing technical solutions in the Healthcare space that will serve both our members and associates and drive positive business outcomes. The Senior Application Architect designs and develops IT applications architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. Responsibilities
Humana is seeking a Senior Application Architect to join our IT Healthcare Support group that is passionate about designing technical solutions that serve both our members and associates and continually drive positive outcomes. In this instrumental role...
- You will influence department strategy as it relates to providing an integrated architecture across interdependent applications
- You will perform technical planning, architecture development, and modification of specifications for legacy products.
- You will also provide the development of specifications for new products/services, applications, and service offerings.
It's not about what we think is important. It's what matters to you that counts. Humana offers a variety of benefits to promote the best health and well-being of our associates and their families.
You'll experience the following perks as a full-time Humana employee...
- Compensation and Financial Security () - Our pay philosophy is designed to motivate and reward associates for their skills and contributions to the company. We provide options to help you plan for your future and protect your assets: Competitive base pay, Recognition pay, 401(k) retirement savings plan (125% match for the first 6% contributed by an associate), etc.
- Your Whole Health () - Humana's health products and services are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family: Medical, dental, and vision benefits, Health plan incentives, Paternity leave, etc.
- Work Perks () - Humana knows your life extends outside of work. We have many options to support your interests and needs. Some departments have the flexibility to allow associates to work from home, and we offer all associates: Paid time off, holidays, volunteer time, and jury duty pay, Associate charity matching program, Discount programs with major retailers, etc.
- Grow With Us () - Humana provides growth and career opportunities that can help you develop your skills and build your future with the organization: Internal and external learning events, Tuition assistance, Inclusion and diversity training, etc.
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You have progressive experience specifically supporting enterprise-level applications related to cloud computing, including 5+ years of hands-on .NET development and web services architecture experience.
- You are familiar with public cloud ecosystems (Azure), relational database architecture (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL), and web application frameworks (MVC).
- You are comfortable expressing these complex application and infrastructure architectures to all audience types and utilizing various communication methods effectively.
- You are passionate about contributing to an organization that continuously improves consumer experiences.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
- 7 or more experience as a senior developer in large IT projects
- Ability to express complex application and infrastructure architectures in both visual and written formats to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Relational Database Architecture (Oracle/MySQL/PostgreSQL/Microsoft SQL) experience
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Ability to be flexible in a very fluid and dynamic environment
- Must be extremely well-organized and capable of handling multiple (and sometimes conflicting) priorities effectively
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field. Work-At-Home Requirements
Scheduled Weekly Hours
- WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information