At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good. We are currently seeking a Senior Correctional Officer, Inmate Relations who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional, secure setting. Come join a team that is dedicated to making an impact for the people and communities we serve.
The Senior Correctional Officer, Inmate Relations is a uniformed, security trained member of the Unit Management Team responsible for resolving daily inmate issues before they become significant matters, incidents or grievances. They ensure that services and programs are delivered to inmates assigned to the unit at a time and manner as designed.
- Responsible for an assigned group of inmates with the primary purpose of resolving daily living issues before they expand into significant incidents.
- Make daily rounds through assigned units talking with staff and inmates, observing operations and interactions between staff and inmates on the unit, ensuring the unit is operating in a safe and secure manner and anticipates situations.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with inmates regarding grievance or potential grievance matters and resolve the situation within the framework of policy.
- Develop an interactive working relationship with inmates that support the informal resolution of inmate issues.
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Two years of security experience in a criminal justice field, which preferably includes one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Additional education may be substituted for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE - including Disability/Veteran.