Get Your Career On Track
voestalpine Railway Systems Nortrak, with ten production facilities across Canada, US and Mexico, is North America's leading designer and manufacturer of railway products and systems for passenger and freight customers. As the industry's technology leader, we take pride in providing superior products, excellent customer service and unbeatable engineering design services to our customers. We are committed to bringing innovative solutions, products and services to our customers across rail freight and transit segments.
voestalpine Railway Systems Nortrak ( Nortrak ) is a subsidiary of voestalpine AG (www.voestalpine.com) one of Europe's premier steel producers with over 50,000 employees worldwide. Nortrak is closely affiliated with voestalpine's Railway Systems group which operates in 21 countries across the globe to provide cutting edge system-based solutions to railroads and transits.
Safety is our #1 commitment to our employees and quality is our #1 commitment to our customers.
At Nortrak, we strive for excellence. Exceeding customer expectations is one of our core values. Our reputation is based on our successful track record. We work as a team to proactively solve problems, rigorously comply with standards, continuously improve our products and technical competencies, consistently do what we say we do, and encourage open dialogue with customers.
We are proud to recognize and celebrate the safety achievements of our teams across the company and work hard to ensure safety remains a strong part of our culture. We focus on taking care of each other and ensuring our colleagues go home safe and healthy every single day.
We value an open, encouraging, family oriented environment that supports learning, career growth and development.
As a Senior Cost Accountant/Plant Controller, you will perform and lead a variety of financial management and reporting responsibilities. You will work directly with the Plant Manager and report to the company's Business Controller.
This is a dynamic hands-on position that allows you to influence and support different initiatives. You will be the lead finance contact at the plant level supported by a central A/P, A/R and Payroll team. Below is a glimpse of your main responsibilities as a Senior Cost Accountant/Plant Controller.
Financial Management and Reporting:
* Assist decision making at a plant level with regular and ad-hoc analyses.
* Perform profitability and cost analyses for a variety of projects, investments and products.
* Complete month-end procedures and prepare internal management reports.
* Analyze profitability by product, project, and customer.
* Lead monthly financial reviews with the CFO, Business Controller, Plant Manager, and other departments.
* Support process improvement initiatives and assist with cost saving plans.
* Prepare internal budgets and monitor actual results against budget.
* Prepare quarterly revenue forecasts in collaboration with the production team.
* Work closely with Purchasing, HR and Sales to optimize cost, pricing and overhead.
Inventory and costing:
* Manage product costing in SAP and review standard costs on a monthly basis.
* Review and reconcile labor reports and analyze actuals vs production benchmarks.
* Monitor inventory costing, balance and movement.
* Collaborate with Production Team in managing inventory counts and various operations.
* Identify, investigate and resolve costing and labor variances with different groups.
* Monitor and enforce compliance with internal policies at the plant level.
* Monitor vendor invoices, provide classification and address errors.
* Monitor and resolve sales order issues with Sales and Account Managers.
* Ad-hoc reporting and financial management tasks as required.
* Support plant team with analytical and financial tasks.
* Build and nurture healthy working relationships with a wide range of employees.
* Take interest and ownership of your responsibilities.
* Participate and engage in different initiatives as needed.
* Actively participate in production meetings to gain an understanding of products and manufacturing procedures.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance or equivalent - CPA or CMA is an asset.
* Minimum of 3+ years of accounting experience, ideally in manufacturing.
* Experience with financial planning and analysis.
* Understanding of cost accounting methodologies.
* Ability to analyze financial and non-financial data and be able to clearly articulate opportunities for improvement and/or risk areas.
* Advanced Excel, Word and Power Point skills.
* Experience with ERP systems - ideally SAP.
* Experience working with different departments.
voestalpine Nortrak employees enjoy a generous benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance, retirement plan with a generous matching contribution, Employee Assistance Program, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, wellness programs, and competitive vacation benefits.
voestalpine Railway Systems Nortrak is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,