Job Description Summary
Do you like working with billions of data? Does solving complex problems and impacting business by deriving value from data excite you? The WKLS Data Management team is looking for a highly motivated Senior Data Engineer to join our team. The Data Management team has been instrumental in transforming the data ecosystem and we are only getting started. We integrate, master, and derive actionable business insights from the ever-growing public records data.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be working in a complex data warehouse environment which includes data design, database architecture, real-time analytics, and insights. You will be responsible for providing direction and guidance to other data engineers in the team. You will design and implement complex data models, ensure timely loading of accurate data to the Master database and push them to downstream systems using ETL tools such as Informatica. You will spearhead the development, maintenance, and support of an enterprise data warehouse system and corresponding data marts.
You should have excellent business and interpersonal skills to be able to work with business owners to understand data requirements and implement efficient and scalable ETL solutions. You should be able to conduct research into new data warehouse applications and determine viability for adoption. You should be an authority at converting complex business problems to easy-to-understand technical solutions.
This role can be 100% remote Job Description Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing day to day management of Public Records data operations and resolve issues arising from public records data loading processes
- Incorporate data quality methodologies into the process to measure data accuracy, completeness, and consistency
- Participate in data architecture and design and development of data integration processes
- Providing consistent and coordinated communication throughout the development and integration lifecycle; leading, mentoring, and inspiring the team to meet project budget, schedule, and scope
- Ensure Public Records data operations run reliably, accurately, and timely
- Contribute to the development of applications, and take a hands-on approach for projects, and provide guidance to other team members
- Establish, track, and monitor metrics pertaining to Public Records data loading processes, and data accuracy and currency
- Lead the development and integration of internal and customer-facing applications with the focus on quality, on time delivery, ease of implementation, and easy to maintain perspectives
- Be the project technical coordinator/liaison with outsourced vendors, QA/QC
- Lead, mentor and inspire the team to meet project budget, schedule, and scope
- Encourage team collaboration, innovation, and project ownership
- BA/BS in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a technology-based position
- 5 years data management experience
- Strong database and SQL development skills in an Oracle and/or MS SQL environment
- Must be well versed in data quality concepts including setting up and measuring data accuracy, completeness, and consistency
- Experience with complex data modelling, ETL design, and using large databases in a business environment
- Experience with designing and implementing enterprise data warehouse using Oracle and ETL tools such as Informatica
- Proven track record of managing project resources to meet business and project needs
- Understand Master Data Management (MDM) concepts and its business value
- Experience with data analysis and performance tuning in an Oracle/SQL environment
- 3 years as a lead/senior developer of medium to large scale projects, familiar with architecture/design patterns and re-usability concept, detailed knowledge of database design and object/relational database technology
- Experience with designing and implementing enterprise data warehouse using Oracle
- Demonstrated experience with formal software development life cycle, SCRUM, Agile
- Ability to understand business strategy and create plans for implementing that strategy in the project
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.