Conagra Brands is on a journey to deliver a best in class Demand Forecasting and Analytics solution utilizing a continuous delivery model. Come add value to our Demand Sciences portfolio as a Sr. Data Engineer! The Demand Sciences portfolio is accountable for building, shaping and maintaining products responsible for establishing and maintaining automated, machine learning powered forecasts. Also, Demand Sciences will provide priority insights and analytics for the Growth Center of Excellence. This portfolio works with exciting cutting-edge cloud-based technologies like Databricks, Snowflake and other world class tools to deliver solutions.
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, as the Senior Data Engineer, you will assign and implement data related features and stories within the Demand Sciences portfolio. You will first work with data scientists and business analysts to understand data requirements and priorities. These priorities will then be broken down to workable chunks by the Sr. Data Engineer and assigned to themselves and other data engineering members on the team for delivery. The Sr. Data Engineer will be a subject matter expert for data related to Demand Sciences. You will be a mentor and support for junior team members. You have experience delivering end-to-end data solutions for large-scale products.
- Gather, structure, and prepare data for usability including sourcing, filtering, tagging, joining, parsing, and normalizing data sets for use in analytical models.
- Leverage overall data modeling standards, guidelines, best practices, and approved modeling techniques; build conceptual, logical, and physical data models; review and validate data models with key business representatives, data owners, data architects, and end-users; reviews and maintains technical design documents.
- Present at architecture reviews and implementing any feedback received.
- Build automations to validate source to target data accuracy during build, testing and support phases.
- Identify and resolve (if applicable) drivers of data related issues either proactively or based on input from end-users.
- Create complex and efficient SQL data transformations and views as part of either end-user transaction, batch process or report/application usage.
- SQL performance tuning skills- Identification and resolution of performance bottlenecks; Join optimization; Data model optimization; Data pre-processing
- Oversee creation of automated test cases to ensure data values are within expected ranges, complete and within quality parameters.
- Create job schedules to chain together daily, weekly, monthly or adhoc data flow schedules with predecessors and successors
- Mentor junior Conagra team members and offshore data engineers.
- Familiar and able to operate within DevOps framework for maintaining source control and deploying database objects. Create automated test cases when checking in DB objects.
- Ensure health and quality of operational support as provided by a third-party
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university preferred or 5 years of experience in an IT data related role.
- Relate issues, requirements and progress to analysts, offshore resourcing and leadership alike. Prior experience leading junior team members.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business concepts and processes as they relate to data domains supported.
- Deep experience (5+ years) in writing and debugging complex SQL on RDBMS platforms like Snowflake, SQL Server, Oracle
- Demonstrated experience observing DevOps framework.
- Proficient using ETL tools like Informatica IICS / Power Center, Talend, Data Services, SSIS
- Experience with enterprise job schedulers like Ctrl-M, JAMS
- Preferred- Experience with object-oriented scripting languages like python to assist data science team in debugging data related issues.
- Experience operating within an Agile framework to break down, estimate, assign and complete work
- Preference will be given to candidates who are legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring employer sponsorship either now or in the future
Our Modern Workplace:
- Conagra's culture of collaboration enhances our ability to meet critical business goals, deliver value to customers and consumers and provide you with the flexibility you need to achieve a better work-life balance. We carefully consider each role and how often each team member needs to collaborate in-person. This position requires you work from our Omaha or Chicago office 2 days a week.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that's passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender's®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie's® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke's®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit .
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.