About Juniper Square
We envision a world with radically expanded opportunities for investment and participation in private markets. Our mission is to unlock the full potential of investment partnerships. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate, private equity, venture capital, crypto, and others make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets and as a result bringing access to millions who don't currently benefit from one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology-all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization-we want to hear from you. We've doubled our team in each of the past four years while maintaining an excellent culture and staying true to our values. We are well-funded and building for the long-term. We need YOU to help us achieve our mission.
Juniper Square invests in a hybrid workforce and we offer three work modes: full time remote work from your home office, a hybrid of home and office work from one of our office hubs, currently in San Francisco and Austin, or full time work in an office hub. The company headquarters is in the Cloud and we invest in digital-first operations. We have communities of remote employees across the US and Canada, with more substantive local remote working communities in Seattle, Denver, Chicago and New York, but we are open to employees working in several states and provinces. We are happy to share with interested applicants where and how we work.About Your Role
We're looking for a proficient Senior Database Reliability Engineer to join the Juniper Square SRE team. You will work closely with your fellow team members and developers to help scale and improve the existing systems, respond to production issues. As we look to the future, building visibility around observability and capacity planning will help play an instrumental role in building out new products and services across the organization.
- Protect and ensure the consistency of customer data
- Work with developers to design data models, and choose the correct data stores, to support orders of magnitude more customer data and traffic.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for scalable data systems
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, query optimization and system tuning
- Support existing Production infrastructure and take initiative to identify and address opportunities for improvements within the organization
- Participate in on call rotation responding with urgency to incidents that may arise
- Work as part of a team serving multiple stakeholders, balancing priorities to deliver on time while communicating status to internal customers
- 5+ years of relevant experience with database services and AWS services
- Production experience managing a PostgreSQL environment
- Strong knowledge of data retention, backups and recovery processes
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when diagnosing production issues
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Experience in one or more: Python, Go, Ruby, Scala, NodeJS,C, C++, Java
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems (Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka, or comparable solutions)
- Familiarity with running web services at scale; understanding of cloud native technologies and networking
- You handle infrastructure with code because automation lets you focus on the more difficult and rewarding problems
- Health, dental, and vision covered care for you and your dependents
- Unlimited vacation and paid holidays
- Pre-Tax benefit programs for FSA and Commuter
- Home office productivity allowance & remote work stipends
- Mental Health coverage for you and your dependents including live coaching and therapy sessions
- Fertility and Growing Family Support inclusive for all pursuits of parenthood- fertility, adoption, surrogacy, and other family-building avenues
- Recognition and Professional Development programs
- Career pathing and formal performance reviews on a bi-annual basis
At Juniper Square, we're building a company where all kinds of people from all walks of life are valued and respected. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. If you think this job sounds like you, come join us! We'd love to hear from you.