Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be a strong finance business partner responsible for a portfolio for brands. You will partner with cross-functional teams to provide recommendations and ensure sound financial decisions are made for the organization. You will perform complex financial analyses, interpret financial data, present analyses along with recommendations to management, and lead small teams on ad-hoc projects. Responsibilities may include forecasting, Annual Operating Plan (AOP), strategic planning, metrics & scorecarding, and duties related to period close. Minimum 5 years related experience preferred
- Provide comprehensive financial analysis and models for requests related to product development, customer analysis, competitive analysis, pricing, manufacturing investments, and in-market investments.
- Lead development of P&Ls for new product launches working cross functionally to gather inputs, vet assumptions, and provide recommendations on projects.
- Participate in the preparation and compilation of the annual operating plan (AOP) and three year strategic plan for entire P&L.
- Update the qtrly forecast based on business changes. Communicate changes to business partners by providing specific, applicable, and forward-looking commentary on the changes as well as guidance on potential risk.
- Participate in monthly consensus meeting on items such as volume, trade, and advertising and promotional spending.
- Contribute to month-end/quarter-end close activities to ensure completion of assigned tasks, including identification and resolution of unusual items and issues.
- Evaluate and provide commentary for periodic metrics, scorecards, and reports
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum 5 years of professional general business and financial experience.
- Experience in P&L management, along with knowledge of financial systems and general accounting concepts.
- Ability to build partnerships with internal customers, peers and manage those relationships.
- Experience working across multiple departments to complete a project or resolve an organizational challenge.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, including leveraging analytics, benchmarking, and insights to generate meaningful strategies and solutions.
- Knowledge of Excel functions such as VLOOKUP, INDEX/MATCH, Conditional Formatting, Pivot Tables, Conditional statements ( IF , OR , AND ), and SUMIF/SUMIFS.
- Experience with SAP BPC, Power BI, or other software tools preferred.
- At this time, we require applicants for this role to be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring employer sponsorship either now or in the future.
Our Modern Workplace:
Conagra's culture of collaboration enhances our ability to meet critical business goals, deliver value to customers and consumers and provide you with the flexibility you need to achieve a better work-life balance. We carefully consider each role and how often each team member needs to collaborate in-person. This position requires you work from our Chicago office 3 days a week.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that's passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender's®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie's® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke's®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit .
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.