This is a fully remote position. Work on things that matter
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to design and engineer government systems that connect Veterans with services, bring affordable health care to millions of people, and support important programs like Head Start. And as we work to make critical government services intuitive, accessible, and human-centered, we're also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology. If you thrive on change, want to help close the gap between consumer expectations and government services, and can see the possibilities in ambiguity, then we want you here with us. What matters most
Ad Hoc operates according to our commitment to inclusivity, acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren't heroes. We believe in missions larger than our individual selves and leave our egos at the door, learn from our mistakes, and iterate in order to better serve the people in our country. We prioritize building teams that represent the diversity of the people our government serves. We love the challenge of government-size projects. We want to bring skills to federal agencies, help them better meet the needs of their users, and close the gap between consumer expectations and government. Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We've designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide distributed team since the beginning. Being remote by design allows Ad Hoc to be thoughtful and intentional about creating diverse teams and supporting them with a work environment that fits their lives. With a generous PTO policy and Slack channels for every interest (from birding to space nerds to parenting) our culture embraces the things happening in your life. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that's embraced. What you'll do as a Senior Information Architect
This role works on Veteran-facing features on VA.gov. You'll work with Veteran-Facing Service (VFS) teams to define where on VA.gov their product or feature will live and how users will find and access it.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
Some basic requirements
- Establishing a placement and structure of pages and tools within the overall VA.gov IA/taxonomy
- Creating or reviewing user flows to ensure a complete user path is represented from entry points to task completion
- Ensuring clear and accessible wayfinding by reviewing and suggesting content in navigation links, page titles, and calls to action.
- Delivering wireframes in support of solution concepts
- Ensuring research plans include tasks to support IA and wayfinding and providing recommendations on approach and methodology to support those tasks
- Synthesizing multiple inputs to inform a cohesive approach and strategy to IA design
- Identifying potential improvements and research opportunities on overall IA
- Planning and facilitating collaboration between cross-functional team members and stakeholders
- 5 year of relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- All work must be conducted within the U.S., excluding U.S. territories. Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S now and in the future without sponsorship.
- As a government contractor, you may be required to obtain a public trust security clearance.
- Some of our available roles are on federal contracts may require a degree or additional years of experience as a substitute.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of theColorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $101,570 - $136,994. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.