Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you're interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay - a company you can be proud to be with. About the team:
The Customer Service AI-Guided Technology team defines and builds products, which leverage machine learning and artificial intelligence to predict, anticipate and respond to customers' needs and resolve their issues in an automated fashion. These products automate support in multiple channels and platforms including traditional web chat, messaging platforms, social media channels and phone. The team works closely with Product Development, Site Search, Data Science, Engineering Design, and other cross-domain organizations to build scalable solutions that are used by millions of customers across the globe every day.
From the latest technology to rare collectibles and antiques eBay's inventory is unparalleled. With hundreds of millions of items listed on eBay at any time, the scale at which we operate puts us in a unique position to innovate and provide immediate value to the business. We are responsible for one of the most critical functions of the business, enabling the connection between our Seller's inventory with our Buyer's demand, representing billions of dollars of goods and services bought on eBay annually. About the Role:
You will be responsible for the management of the AI-Guided Product team which includes Product Managers in multiple sites. You will lead a talented group of individual contributors and shape the future generation of Product Managers.
You will be hands-on in the formulation and execution of our strategy with a constant obsession to define and solve customer problems.
This role will require exceptional leadership skills and an understanding of how to manage a diverse group of highly skilled individuals through a period of significant company momentum and growth. You will value communication and collaboration, encouraging such a culture among team members and peers. You will develop a team culture focused on delivering great products that anticipate, predict and address customers' needs on demand, wherever and whenever the customer wants to engage with eBay, in a way that leaves the customer feeling delighted with the experience.
You will help us build data-driven solutions, with a focus on creating more efficient, effective and innovative automated experiences. This role requires someone who has a the vision to build out new product ideas from the ground up - this means that they can bring structure and simplicity to complicated problems. This role will work directly with many partners both within and outside of eBay Customer Service Technology team, so phenomenal communication skills are required. You will also be heavily involved in capturing insights for features by using business analytics, user research, market research, design, and more. You will synthesize information from multiple sources to drive the vision for how users will interact with our products. Responsibilities
- Envision, develop, and maintain the AI-Guided Service product roadmap and align resources to execute against the roadmap
- Lead, develop, guide and mentor a diverse, inclusive and high functioning team
- Ideate, and evaluate alternatives using various inputs sources
- Collaborate with leaders across eBay's management teams to align priorities and plans
- Be a problem solver when it comes to support of the product management team
- Innovate and re-enforce the discipline of our product development practices, from roadmap to sprint reviews
- Evangelize the AI-Guided Service products across organizations, drive adoption and ensure desired positive impact is achieved
- Ensure the team plans and executes throughout the product life cycle, including gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the vision and ensuring delivery of high-quality features on time to achieve defined customer satisfaction and business goals
- Find opportunities and use cases that can be resolved via AI-Guided Service solutions
- Ensure a continuous feedback loop from our Global Customer Experience leaders and customers to identify problems and improvement opportunities
- Partner closely with analytics and enterprise data teams to ensure proper measurement, instrumentation, monitoring and reporting of product success post launch
- Understand the dynamics of our ecosystem and drivers of critical metrics and provide business recommendations accordingly
- Communicate plans and progress to leadership and partner teams
- Establish and refine processes to ensure quality and efficiency in self-service digital products
- 7+ years of product management experience
- 5+ years of experience with Intelligent Virtual Assistants, Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems, or Help Bots
- Strong understanding of Natural Language Understanding (NLU) and Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Experience leading a Product/Program Management team
- Excellent mentorship and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Domain expertise and experience with global customer support operations, contact center technologies, and channel strategies
- Experience successfully leading multiple projects through product life cycle from concept to delivery
- Insights driven approach, derived from multiple sources of information and industry standard methodologies
Technical or Business degree or equivalent industry experience
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you're single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn't just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay's Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at (see below) . We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement