Senior Project Scientist
Salary £27,000 - £35,000 DOE per annum
Monday - Friday
A global scientific consultancy-based Contract Research Organisation (CRO) with in-house laboratory testing capabilities, rapidly developing its position as a full-service solutions provider to the life sciences sector.
The Senior Project Scientist is responsible for the development of new analytical methods as required by clients or regulations. They arrange for work to be done to deliver the projects, they offer troubleshooting support to the wider operations teams and provide validation and technical expertise.
What you'll need to succeed
- Effectively manage workload within the team
- Interface with other Broughton teams to provide input into study design
- Develop expertise in the relevant field
- Innovate new ways of working Key tasks
- Ensuring the team completes analysis competently and in a timely manner.
- Using hard copy and electronic data capture systems within the guidelines of the QMS.
- Reviewing analytical data and worksheets and notifying the Laboratory Manager of any discrepancies or potential product issues.
- Production of study protocols, reports and work instructions.
- Assist with activities within Operations to execute on sampling and testing plans to meet client study requirements.
- All personnel involved in the conduct of a GLP regulatory study must be knowledgeable in those parts of the principles of good laboratory practice which are applicable to their involvement in the study.
- Comply with the instructions given in test methods/study plans etc. Any deviation from these instructions should be documented and communicated directly to line manager or study director/principal investigator for GLP studies.
- All personnel are responsible for recording raw data promptly and accurately and are responsible for the quality of their data.
- Degree in chemistry, or related field plus 5+ years working in a regulated analytical laboratory, a significant part of which in a method development/R+D environment
- Extensive experience using HPLC, GC, MS
- Technical experience using CDS
What you'll get in return
- A day off every third week in addition to your standard holidays. (This is an optional benefit)
- Annual leave which increases annually (to a maximum of 25 days plus public holidays)
- Annual salary review
- Healthcare cashback plan
- Insurance policies to cover long term sickness absence
- Annual bonus