The Computer Vision and Remote Sensing Software Group at Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is looking for an experienced Senior Python Software Architect to join our team operating at the forefront of Computer Vision technology applied to satellite imagery. Our group collaborates with world-renowned university researchers to find innovative solutions to challenging real-world problems. We offer an exciting, relevant research career within a stable industry work environment with professional growth and mentorship opportunities.
In this role, you will work in a team-oriented environment with algorithm developers, and applied scientists, in addition to software developers to create, modularize, optimize, and deploy cloud-based Python and C++-based software that processes satellite imagery to create realistic automatically, textured 3D geometric models of real-world scenes.Senior Python Software Architect Qualifications
Senior Python Software Architect Education and Experience Qualifications
- US citizenship is required(green card holders are not eligible for this position)
- Eligibility to apply for and hold a U.S. security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment)
- Deep understanding of Python concepts like metaclasses, NumPy array operations (slicing, etc.), multiprocessing, exception handling, etc
- Demonstrated expertise in Python-based software architecture design and development
- Hands-on experience architecting and implementing distributed cloud-based computational workflows
- Bonus: experience with full software product lifecycle, including architecture, development, release, and maintenance
- Bonus: experience with workflow managers (e.g. Argo, Apache AirFlow, NiFi)
- Bonus: experience working with deep learning methods, computer vision
- Bonus: strong experience developing modern C/C++ code
- Bonus: experience with containerization, Kubernetes, service-oriented architectures
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical field
- B.S. with at least 7-9 years of relevant experience OR M.S. with at least 5-7 years of relevant experience OR Ph.D. with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Please see our similar career postings in the Computer Vision and Remote Sensing Software group for other experience levels (Staff,Mid-Level)
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, "Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit" sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Division visit our website at:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)