The location for this position is virtual/remote
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to Hilton Connected Room that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hiltons Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation. What will I be doing?
As the Senior Solution Developer, the candidate will be working with the Enterprise Solution Architecture team to design and develop software. The candidate will develop the technology solution needed to build, maintain and improve our products.
More specifically, you will:
What are we looking for?
- Develop software to deliver industry-leading frontend and backend solutions with outstanding quality and performance
- Ensure that all solution development is aligned to architectural standards throughout the Agile development process
- Support Core Agile team activities, such as managing the maintenance of the sprint backlog, and participating in backlog refinement, sprint planning, and sprint
- Research and implement new technologies to evolve the back-end stack and increase performance
- Embrace and demonstrate the core development principles and practices, and ensure these principles are followed throughout the team
- Perform code reviews to deliver bug-free code within the coding standards
- Code/develop software in both Frontend and Backend technologies
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
To fulfill this role optimally, the candidate should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Experience in systems development lifecycle
- Experience in working as a Back-end developer coding API's in Java.
- Experience supporting sites on different browsers, operating systems, and devices
- Experience mentoring other technical team members
- Solid grasp of agile methodologies, Git as version control with a team
- Experience with writing code at a quick pace with no defects
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Five (5) years of professional experience in technology or related field
- Three (3) years of development experience using Java and Node.js
- Experience with Agile software development and relevant processes, as well as problem-solving techniques and decision-making principles
What is it like working for Hilton?
- Bachelors Degree, or Associates Degree plus 5 years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus 9 years of Technology related experience
- Experience with working on technologies like Kafka, Docker/AWS, etc.
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton (): a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands () . Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the Worlds Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits () such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members unique perspectives and voicesalong with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partnersto cultivate a diverse and inclusive () environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog () and Instagram () to learn more about what its like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Job: Software Engineering Title: Senior Solution Developer Location: null Requisition ID: COR012LQ EOE/AA/Disabled/Veterans