Senior Specialist, Data Modeler Requisition Number:
86924 - 3 Function:
Advisory Area of Interest: State:
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an Senior Specialist for our Federal Advisory practice.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams to translate business objectives into artificial intelligence approaches and objectives; Strong aptitude for quickly learning business operational, process, delivery and revenue models
- Work with clients and team leads to discover data sources, and create data requests; collaborate with data engineers to develop and utilize the ETL process to ingest and enrich structured and unstructured data
- Perform explanatory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns; Perform data analytics, develop complex dashboards and reproducible visualizations, machine learning and statistical analysis methods
- Rapidly learn and understand client business processes by reviewing technical documents, business catalogs, white papers and deep dive into KPMG's client data to better understand the relationship between datasets, client systems and data sources
- Contribute in developing dashboards, UI and interactive tools to support clients to turn their data into actionable insights and reproducible reports
- Minimum three years of technical data science experience; U.S. Federal government consulting experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience in statistics and machine learning
- Experience with coding languages such as Statistical Analysis System (SAS), R, or Python
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, Postgres, Hadoop, and Mongo DB
- Experience with data visualization and reporting technologies
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Federal government security clearance within a reasonable period of time, which requires U.S. citizenship
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link ( ) contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site). GL: