Savant Systems, Inc., is a true powerhouse delivering unmatched intelligent lighting and smart home solutions. Together, Savant and GE Lighting, a Savant company, offer a deep and diverse portfolio of bold and easy-to-use innovations across the retail and professional channels that are engineered for every home.
Savant, a recognized leader in home control and automation, is one of the fastest-growing smart home companies in the luxury and mid-markets. Its powerful Pro technology brings climate, lighting, entertainment, security and energy together in a single, award winning application interface for homeowners.
As a Senior System QA Engineer on the Savant Power team, you will test and lead quality for new products in the Savant Power product-line.
• Create test strategies for new products in the Savant Power product-line
• Oversee quality for your projects, report quality status to the team, and drive quality issues to closure
• Take part in decisions about new products and features by providing input on quality and customer experience
• Author comprehensive test plans based on product and system requirements
• Perform manual and automated testing of end-to-end system functionality, firmware, embedded systems, software, and hardware devices
• Perform thorough verification of new features, software code changes, hardware design changes, and bug fixes across a variety of use cases and edge cases
• Write detailed and actionable tickets for hardware and software bugs found in testing
• Utilize software and hardware tools to verify functionality, find bugs, and debug issues
• Develop automated tests to test software and system functionality
• Invent new creative methods to test end to end functionality in an automated fashion
• Apply engineering principles and problem solving skills to debug issues and propose elegant solutions to address user facing concerns
• Provide feedback in the design process for the user interfaces of our Apps and Web Portals, focusing on user experience, ease, and usability
• Work closely with cross-functional team members (hardware engineers, software developers, product/program managers, and customer support) to develop high-quality products
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
• 6-10+ years experience as a QA Engineer, System Validation Engineer, Test Engineer (or related)
• Ability to quickly learn and understand a system architecture, including firmware, software, and hardware components
• Ability to independently create test plans and test procedures for new products
• Ability to build up automated test strategies and develop automated test cases
• Proficiency with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, or similar
• Proficient with JIRA or similar bug tracking management tools
• Proficient with TestRail or similar test management tools
• Ability to take initiative to improve products, tools, and processes
• Professional written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of energy systems, renewable energy, or energy storage solutions
• Proficiency with multimeters, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes or other related hardware test equipment
Savant Systems, Inc (Savant) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender identity, gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, domestic violence victim status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Savant does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Savant and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.