We are looking for someone who can help us scale up our backend to millions of users. As the senior backend and infrastructure engineer, you will provide insight into how we can optimize our backend infrastructure as we continue to expand. As a chat application, our backend needs to be performant at scale and your work will go directly towards making that happen. You will have a key role in shaping our backend infrastructure and supporting the rest of the engineering team as they work on new features. This role is absolutely critical to ensuring a great product experience for our users.
- Founded 2019
- US & Canada Remote
- Salary $130000 - $180000
- 10+ employees
- Seed Company
- Skills: Node, React
- H1B Transfer available
Our Tech Stack
- React Native for the mobile app
- React for the web app
- Build and iterate rapidly on engaging features (while squashing bugs) for the web app
- Translate product requirements into actionable engineering tickets
- Define the technical vision for the team, codebase and tooling.
- Improve the overall performance and quality of the web app
- Represent the web team as the tech lead, and collaborate directly with the product design team and other engineering (Mobile, Backend) teams
- Mentor and unblock other engineers on the team
- Interview candidates and help with hiring and onboarding more engineers to the team
- Improve team processes to ensure that everyone is working well together
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with an expert level of knowledge with React, JS, GraphQL and their ecosystems. You also have some experience with full-stack development.
- Experience tech leading small teams of engineers and mentoring junior engineers
- Build well-tested and polished features quickly. You are able to identify when to make appropriate tradeoffs to ship quickly vs. when to take the time to do things right. Even in ambiguous situations, you can identify the most valuable areas to direct your energy.
- Communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally.
- Reside in USA/Canada: we are a distributed company that likes to minimize the time zone spread within the team.