TRANSTECK, INC. JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title:
Shop assistant Job Reports To:
Shop Foreman/Service Manager Exempt or Non-Exempt:
Non-exempt Full-Time or Part-Time:
Full Time Job Summary:
Assist service department with any duties that aid in daily operation. Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain cleanliness of entire shop
- Monitor bulk oils and greases and notify supervisor to prevent shortages
- Maintain cleanliness of drivers lounge
- Maintain cleanliness of shop employees break area
- Maintain and inventory all shop tools, air compressors
- Maintain and monitor maintenance schedule for floor scrubber
- File closed repair orders in numerical order
- Assist customers with minor repairs
- Assist with snow removal and keeping snow clear from customers vehicles
- Categorize and recycle scrap metal, bulk fluids and cardboard (must be able to lift items up to 100 lbs)
- Pickup and deliver class 8 trucks from customers locations (maintain commercial drivers license)
- Operate forklift, man lift and yard tow truck
- Pickup parts and deliver parts to vendors
- Perform daily shop safety inspection
- Perform monthly fire extinguisher inspection
In addition to the essential functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required from time to time.
The Physical Capabilities Checklist for this job, which specifies the physical requirements of the job, is attached and is incorporated into this description.Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or GED
- Possess commercial drivers license
Computer, basic office equipment (copier, calculator, fax, etc.), forklift, man liftWorking Conditions
Physical Requirements: Sitting/Standing/Walking Requirements:
- Primarily shop environment with heavy machines and equipment
- Some outside work in outside working conditions
- Total hours of sitting at one time - .5 hours
- Total hours of sitting in a typical workday - .5 hours
- Total hours of standing at one time 2 hours
- Total hours of standing in a typical workday 7 hours
- Total hours of walking at one time - .5 hours
- Total hours of walking in a typical workday 3 hours
- Talking Person to person and on the phone
- Hearing In person, on the phone and in a group setting
- Vision Near and depth perception
Other Essential Job Duties: Never Occasionally Frequently Constantly
- Shop Assistant is required to carry parts from work areas to scrap and retention areas. There are forklifts, carts and trucks available to assist in getting the parts to the work area.
- The typical weight is 50 pounds and the maximum is 150 pounds.
- Typical distance is 150 feet.
- Frequency is 1 to 10 times per day, plus or minus.
- Duration is 1 to 2 minutes at a time.
Handling - Both hands
Fingering - Both hands
Feeling Both hands