Role: Shift Engineer
Location: Bury St. Edmunds
Salary: £40,700 per annum
Hours: Working on a shift pattern
Our client, based in Bury St. Edmunds, is currently looking to recruit a Shift Engineer to join their team.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will assist with all technical operational activities on site to ensure that all equipment is operating effectively and safely, to minimize equipment downtime, and to deliver sustainable year on year performance improvement at least cost.
Shift Engineer Duties:
- Electrical fault finding
- Assist to maintain and repair all production and processing equipment as utility related equipment.
- Assist the maintenance manager to develop & drive an integrated maintenance team to continuously improve plant performance in line with business strategy requirements and reducing overall maintenance lifecycle cost.
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance.
- Support the installation of new equipment.
- Ensure all repairs are documented.
- Undertake root cause analysis of any out of specification result and recommend required corrective & preventive actions to avoid repeat occurrences.
- Assist with customer audits and technical reviews.
- Comply with all procedures, regulation and policies applicable.
- Participate in BOPEX (continuous improvement) program.
- Ensure that all engineering and maintenance activities are undertaken in accordance with food safety protocols, ensuring that risks to food safety are managed and minimised.
- Ensure that after all engineering and maintenance activities that appropriate checks are undertaken to prevent potential contamination and food safety issues.
- Ensure that the engineering team undertake appropriate checks and work in compliance with safety, quality environmental and food safety standards.
The ideal Shift Engineer will have the following:
- Be a graduate in a recognised technical/engineering discipline (Notions of Biochemistry are advantageous)
- Heavy engineering experience
- Awareness of HACCP
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Electrically qualified
If you feel like you would be a good fit for the above role, please apply now or contact Dave Ramsay to find out more.