Sacramento, CA - 6101 Midway St
United States of America
Under routine supervision, this position is responsible for inspecting, evaluating, and reporting on inbound ramp; outbound units to ensure they meet Federal guidelines, Company Safety and Operational requirements to operate safely and efficiently on the public highways. This position has the possibility to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends in addition to overtime; it requires full-time attendance.
- Ensure that all tires are properly serviced and meet Company standards
- Perform inspections on Company units to ensure compliance with all Federal DOT and FHWA, State, and local commercial vehicle regulations
- Observe all Company safety requirements
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Ensure that all defects and deficiencies are noted and documented properly according to Company standards
- Perform minor repairs to Company units (e.g., change lights, install mud flaps, add fluids, etc.) as required
- Assist drivers and co-workers as needed
- Manage availability and inventory of necessary parts, including spare parts
- Prepare necessary paperwork and direct traffic through the inspection lane
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent; or up to 1 year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Ability to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends if needed.
- Ability to exercise discretion
- Ability to make time-sensitive decisions
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Basic deductive reasoning skills
- Basic experience in truck and trailer maintenance
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient active listening skills
- Proficient organizational skills
- Proficient time management skills
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements of the jobincluding:lifting above 50 lbs., bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling
- Ability to wear appropriate work attire (protective gear/PPE).
GED (Required), High School (Required)
Job Opening ID:
Shop Inspector (Open)
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.
Posted 7 Days Ago
Fortune 500 experience. Career advancement. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
Headquartered in Northwest Arkansas, J.B. Hunt is a dominant force in transportation and logistics, offering exciting career opportunities both at corporate and at field locations across the country. There are a variety of job types that support our business, so no matter your passion, J.B. Hunt is the place to jumpstart your career.
Why J.B. Hunt?
J.B. Hunt is a leading transportation and logistics company for one simple reason our people. The career possibilities and benefits of working at J.B. Hunt are endless. From competitive salary and benefits packages, to defined career paths and growth opportunities, we take care of our people and take great pride in our efforts to build and sustain an inclusive workplace for all employees.
What are we looking for?
J.B. Hunt welcomes high-energy, forward-thinking people of all backgrounds and experience levels to join our team. We offer full-time, entry level, professional and management opportunities across all departments. Whether you are fresh out of school or bring years of industry experience, a role at J.B. Hunt could take your career to the next level.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. affirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in all terms and conditions of employment. J.B. Hunt is committed to both the spirit and the letter of affirmative action law and continues its good-faith efforts to comply with all applicable government laws and regulations. The company is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity. J.B. Hunt will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application process due to a disability, you may request accommodation at any time by calling 1-.