Find your future at Iowa Premium!
Iowa Premium, a National Beef Company in Tama, Iowa, is seeking to hire a qualified professional to join our team as a Slaughter Production Supervisor. With competitive pay and benefits, safe and stable work, and an environment that is caring and supportive, Iowa Premium could become your next career move! Apply Today!
Competitive wages and benefits:
- Family-friendly benefits including health, vision and dental
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Meat Purchase Sales
- Paid Life Insurance
For more information on Iowa Premium, click here!
Job Summary for the Slaughter Production Supervisor position:
Responsible for maintaining high production, quality, and yields while ensuring the safest working environment possible. This position requires an essential understanding and control of the production process, accurate record keeping, and general line maintenance and staffing.
- Supervise all production activities in accordance with plant policies, programs, and standards concerning safety, quality, productivity and cost.
- Provide continual leadership and guidance to team members for the purpose of increasing their effectiveness and establishing good working relationships.
- Actively promote plant safety and environmental programs and procedures that are in compliance with plant and regulatory requirements.
- Actively promote adherence to plant Quality, Sanitation, GMP and HACCP standards to achieve a finished product within quality control specifications.
- Manage staffing levels to current labor standards requirements.
- Assign responsibilities to team members, as required to meet planned production schedules.
- Coordinate the proper training of team members within the assigned department.
- Apply disciplinary actions in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Investigate production delays and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Keep management informed of the status of production and promptly notify management of issues impacting production.
- Coordinate the storage and rework of quality control hold products with appropriate plant personnel.
- Promote an environment conducive to teams, teamwork, and line-driven accountability.
- Complete special projects, duties and assignments, as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as instructed by Superintendent and Slaughter Manager
This is a safety sensitive position. This is not a remote position.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS for the Slaughter Production Supervisor Position:
Education: High School Diploma - helpful but not necessary
- Strong leadership skills
- Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing supervisory experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Professional experience within packaging/food products industry, preferred.
- Experience with continuous improvement methodologies, preferred.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Ability to analyze data and information, and to make effective and timely decisions.
- Ability to use innovative approaches to resolve complex problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong safety and performance record
Iowa Premium, a National Beef Company, is dedicated to being the premier supplier of premium family farm-raised corn-fed Black Angus beef. Our employees are key to our success. Come join our family!