Provides social work services to MedStar Health Homecare home health patients and to Anne Arundel Countycontract clients with MHHC Care Partners. Provides patient with counseling and linkage with community services when appropriate and within the guidelines for service provision under home health regulations and/or policy and per Anne Arundel contract requirements. Performs assessments, assists in the resolution of social problems impeding the patient's treatment, rehabilitation and medical compliance, and assists other health team members in understanding the psychosocial and emotional factors related to the patient's health problems.
Master's degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work.
2 years social work experience in a health care facility or setting; home care experience preferred.
LGSW (Licensed Graduate Social Worker), LCSW (Licensed Certified Social Worker),LCSW-C (Licensed Certified Social Worker - Clinical), LISW (Licensed Independent Social Worker), or LICSW (Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker). CPR certification required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Good clinical skills. Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities"
1. Contributes to the achievement of established goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Completes annual Code of Conduct, Compliance and other mandatory training. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
2. Documents as per state and federal regulations and agency policy all aspects of care provision. Communicates verbally and in writing, when necessary, with other care providers on all aspects of care.
3. In conjunction with other members of the health care team, the patient and family, develops a plan of social care based on the patient's assessed needs. Initiates plan. Continually reevaluates the patient's social and emotional needs and revises the patient's plan of care accordingly.
4. Maintains effective working relationships with other departments and participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams. Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and agency in community outreach efforts. Enhances growth and development and enriches personal knowledge and skill through participation in educational programs and affiliations.
5. Performs appropriate actions to meet patient needs; links with needed community resources; short-term counseling; assists with nursing home placement; assists other staff members with regards to the social and emotional needs of their patients; assists other disciplines and referral sources with discharge planning, as requested.
6. Performs other duties as assigned