It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing! Job Description Summary:
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a team of world-class global software engineers in the Db2 for z/OS and IBM mainframe space who have been recognized as experts by their industry peers. You will be part of Rocket Softwares dynamic team of domain experts who work at a fast pace and who expect the best from their team.
As a member of the software engineering team, you will be part of a group who lead the industry providing first class Db2 utilities and tools to the market. You will be immersed in the technology and quickly become a part of the next generation of Db2 for z/OS and mainframe experts that lead this technology into the future.
A Software Engineer II designs, develops, troubleshoots, services, and debugs software systems. In this role, you will develop software tools and utilities that help the IBM Db2 for z/OS database run more efficiently.
As part of Rocket Softwares engineering team, you will be responsible for adhering to corporate policies regarding research and development processes, standards, and automation. You will work within a team, virtually or face to face, to identify areas for improvement and add your input to process improvements and the creation of new practices. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works under limited direction of a manager and/or team lead to implement software enhancements and correct defects within the IBM Db2 Utilities Suite for z/OS
- Works well in a team; team oriented, collaborative, accountable, dependable
- Writes self-verifying test cases that can be reused in a regression test suite
- Documents and communicates on technical topics without direction
- Exercises self-directed learning of the application subject matter
- Uses Agile development methodologies
- Understands hardware and software systems
- Exercises curiosity
- Good understanding of computer science fundamentals such as algorithms and data structures
- Minimum of 2 years of software engineering experience
- Proven track record of software development in the real world
- Proficient in one or more programming languages
- Ability to write clear technical documents
- Reliable and accountable for ones work
- Team player demonstrating the Rocket values of trust, empathy, humanity, and love
- Proficient with C, C++, PL/I or PLX
- Knowledge of assembler
- Comfortable with operating system and database architecture concepts of locking, parallelism, and multi-tasking
- Knowledge of Db2 for z/OS and utilities
- Comfortable working with SQL
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information technology or related field Travel Requirements: Information Security:
Information security is everyones responsibility. A fundamental principle of information security at Rocket Software is that all individuals in the organization have a responsibility for the security and protection of company information and IT Resources over which they have control, according to their role. Diversity, Inclusion & Equity:
At Rocket we are committed to an inclusive workplace environment, where every Rocketeer can thrive by bringing their full selves to work. Being a Rocketeer means you are part of our movement to continually drive inclusivity, diversity and equity in our workforce.
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: or send an email to . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!