My clients are a leading independent Cloud/IAAS integrator. They design, build, integrate, and support IaaS environments for service provider and enterprise customers with offices across the globe (London, Silicon Valley, South Africa, India, South America).
They operate with a flat structure and are passionate about all things opensource with an ethos of continuous personal development. Although "relaxed", they offer a highly motivating workplace for their remote workforce across the globe, and as they continue to grow they are looking to offer rapid career growth to the right people as they scale.
My clients seek a Software Engineer, Test/QA to automate testing of infrastructure automation and datacenter optimization tools. They actively contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of their Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) community project, collaborating with their customers and consulting team to define the features we contribute to the IAAS community.
The position will also involve execution of manual test scripts to verify functionality that has not yet been automated. It will also require occasional travel to conferences and customer sites, usually international.
This is a truly global opportunity. You will be part of my clients global, distributed Software Engineering team, and will also work closely with the wider Apache opensource community, through mailing lists, slack channels and occasional physical meetings.
Unusually for a Software Engineer position, work involves deep knowledge of hypervisors, storage, and/or networking. They are a polyglot environment - developing their cloud product in Java and Python whilst working with many different technologies for its integration. Once done, they then donate all their work back to the opensource community project.
Their team values collaboration, customer focus, continuous improvement, and the Apache Way. They will provide you training and mentoring but fully expect you to have a passion for learning new technologies and to work on a collaborative basis. They expect you to work toward becoming an Apache committer within 6 months and to want to share your work and ideas through conference presentations and hackathons.
Essential skills and qualifications
- 3+ years of automating the testing of API-based Java applications and/or distributed systems using Python
- 1+ years of experience designing and writing test plans, test cases, and test datasets
- Strong knowledge of networking, hypervisor, storage, and infrastructure automation
- 1+ years of Linux system administration in either an RHEL/CentOS or Ubuntu environment
- 1+ years experience in using Git as a source/ revision control environment
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to work as part of a remote team
- BSc (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related field
Desirable skills and qualifications
- Experience of testing with Nose
- Experience in IaaS platforms (e.g. Eucalyptus, CloudStack, OpenStack, etc.)
- Familiarity with a configuration management tool (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Experience of testing in a node.js/npm environment
- Experience working in an Opensource project
As well as an excellent career opportunity my client is paying a competitive basic salary, annual bonus as well as benefits.
Interested? In the first instance please apply below. We will reply with an application form for you to complete.
Edison Hill Limited are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.