Req ID: 353142
Address: 2866 Lee HWY Max Meadows, VA, 24360
Welcome to Love's!
Earn while you learn!
Diesel Technician Apprentice
At Love's, our values go beyond our name. We look for those same values in our people. Our network of travel stops are growing at a tremendous rate as we continue to be the leader in highway hospitality.
The Diesel Technician Apprentice assists our Diesel Technicians to keep our customers on the road by learning preventative maintenance, light mechanical repairs and commercial oil changes for drivers. By learning the mechanical services necessary, you can take pride and ownership in delivering the right services to our customers. Upon completion of the apprentice training, you will be certified as a Diesel Mechanic and new opportunities will be presented to you within Love's Truck Care business.
How You'll Fit In:
- Learn to troubleshoot and repair light mechanical issues that may include wheel-end assemblies, electrical systems, suspensions, A/C, or engine components
- Assist customers with roadside services
- Learn preventative maintenance services
- Asssist in keeping our locations clean
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include some nights, weekends or holidays
- Possess a valid driver's license and pass a drug screen
- Capability to lift minimum of 50 pounds, working in close quarters
- Always put the safety and satisfaction of your customers first, complying with company safety policies & procedures
Benefits That Can't Be Beat:
- Complete set of tools and toolbox that are yours to keep after completing the program
- Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance Plans
- Flexible Scheduling
- Road to Success Program for career development
- On-the-job training
- Competitive pay (paid weekly)
- Commission pay
- Holiday pay
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Company provided uniforms
Let s get you started.
Apply online here to begin the application process.
From the founding of Love's, our leaders have been passionate about providing excellent customer experiences and helping our Team Members grow. We do both within a culture of respect and inclusion. In order to sustain this culture, we will welcome individuals who are diverse in experiences, age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and physical or mental ability. Also, we are committed to sustaining a professional working environment where ALL people feel respected. By doing these things we will cultivate diversity of thought and a spirit of innovation.
Join us on the Road to Success.
We want everyone who joins the Love s family to succeed and we mean that! Our Road to Success Program was created for you. We provide leadership and management skills training and full apprenticeships for those just starting out. Once you re a manager, the training goes even further with a two day workshop at Love s University. There you ll experience dynamic days with other managers and leaders, including our CEO Tom Love and senior executives. Our Road to Success program is such a valuable experience for career growth and for you personally, we wish the whole country could participate.
Find out why employees love their job at Love s! Click here to watch our Core Values video.
Job Function(s): Speedco
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we've provided customers with highway hospitality and Clean Places, Friendly Faces. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love's Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry's safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert