This role can be 100% remote, sitting anywhere within the US. Candidates will work standard Eastern Time business hours. We prefer candidates be in the Metro DMV area due to quarterly meetings.
Our Public Sector Group (PSG) is growing, and we are looking for a talented, highly motivated Senior Data Engineer to join ICFs Digital Modernization Division. ICF is seeking a highly motivated Senior Data Engineer to support digital solutions for various Federal clients, including the Department of Labor. The Senior Data Engineer will support our projects by collaborating and working with a cross-functional team to deliver quality, innovative, and highly scalable applications to end clients. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working with cross-disciplinary teams.
You are a team player and can embrace ambiguity to translate client requirements using an agile delivery framework to deliver technical solutions that achieve mission value and measurable outcomes. You are a strategic problem-solver that has a willingness to learn and grow with our team and be part of our clients digital transformation journey.
At ICF, we implement smart solutions to drive digital transformation at scale and speed, we are relentlessly making sure it pays off for our clients, and we are committed to helping them achieve mission outcomes. Join our community of mission-driven project managers, data experts, strategists, and technologists to build agile solutions that meet our clients changing needs.
What youll be doing:
- Extract, transform, and load (ETL) processing routines and data feeds to transmit data to and from clients and subcontractors; create necessary data structures or models to support data at all stages, and design and implement custom data analytics and BI/reporting products.
- Perform extensive data profiling and analysis based on the clients data
- Work with UI teams and/or clients to define BI and reporting requirements
- Develop custom reports and data visualization products
- Support project delivery on Data Warehouse/BI projects for external and internal clients, including partnering with ICF subject matter experts on project execution
What you must have:
- Bachelors degree (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline)
- 6 or more years of experience developing database ETL environments with business intelligence applications such as Talend and Informatica
- 6 or more years of experience in SQL and procedural programming
- 3 or more years of experience working with databases and BI tools such as Tableau and PowerBI
- 3 or more years of experience with Cloud Engineering services (AWS or Google Cloud)
- US Citizen or Permanent Lawful Resident (Green Card Holder).
- Employment must be compliant with eligibility for Public Trust Clearance due to Government Contract.
What wed like you to have:
- Understand ETL concepts of data flow, data enrichment, data consolidation, change data capture, and transformation
- Understand database concepts of referential integrity, indexes, and keys and table metadata
- Demonstrated experience showing strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills paired with a desire to take initiative
- Proficient with data warehouse design and development and big data systems
- Proficient with one or more programming languages such as Java or Python
- Knowledge of Big Data integration tools such as Storm, and Spark, AWS Kinesis, Kafka is a plus
- Experience with DevOps tools like Jenkins/Git to assist the development process
- Experience with the agile development process
- Experience managing large teams for multiple federal contracts
Technologies youll use in this role:
- SQL, BI, Talend, Python, SAS, Tableau, PowerBI, Postgres, SQL Server
- Spark, AWS Glue, S3, AWS Kinesis, Kafka
- Jenkins/Git, CloudFormation
- Agile Scrum/Kanban
- AWS, Google Cloud Platform
What youll love about working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Flexible work location
- A diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
- Comprehensive health benefits
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy () .
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law () and Pay Transparency Statement () .
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)