The Sr. Teller performs customer service functions in line with established policies and procedures, provides a variety of service functions, including processing savings accounts, checking accounts, cashing checks, selling treasures checks, and accepting loan payments. The individual in this position processes mail and drop box deposits and is responsible for balancing each days transactions and verifying cash totals.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
KNOWLEDGE AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Performs all teller related functions following department guidelines.
- Orders cash for the facility. Ensures that cash shipments are verified under dual control. Sells excess to the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Maintains and controls all vault cash.
- Ensures that cash limits are maintained according to operating procedures.
- Approves checks over established limits.
- Assists tellers with balancing daily cash drawers and assist with balancing issues.
- Performs teller audits.
- Contacts bank s customers to verify authenticity of checks.
- Trains new employees.
- Works closely with other departments to get resolutions to problems.
- Ensures that branch facilities appearance is suitable for dealing with customers. May be asked to place service calls with selected vendors.
- Process all transactions through the branch capture device for timely postings to customer s accounts.
- Ensures that checks with special instructions and specified dollar limits are processed properly.
- Produces monthly statistical report for management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to type 30 w.p.m. and be mathematically inclined.
- Proficiency with a teller machine, ten key calculator, and personal computer.
- Must be mature, dependable, and customer service oriented. Professional appearance and attendance a must.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must work well under pressure and exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Thorough knowledge of bank procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 years of banking experience with significant time spent in the teller area.
- 1 year of customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
You can directly apply through Cass's website at Please apply directly to this position via the "Apply" button. You will be required to create an account and provide your resume, contact information and other pertinent employment information. This process typically takes 20 minutes or less. Should we find that you meet the minimum requirement of the position, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch to start the interview process.ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Founded in 1906, Cass Commercial Bank provides sophisticated financial exchange services to its parent company as well as its clients and consistently ranks among the top performing banks in the United States. Cass Commercial Bank, the wholly owned banking subsidiary of Cass, has provided banking products to faith-based and other non-profit entities since 1994. It has more than 250 faith-based and non-profit clients across the United States and has funded more than $1 billion of church expansion projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)