What's so interesting about this role?
Come play a key role in building the next generation of the Grindr app! Working within our iOS team, you'll have the opportunity to solve challenging problems, work with the latest technologies, collaborate with a kind and capable team, and contribute to a one-of-a-kind app at a unique scale. The Grindr team continues to innovate as the largest social media app in its category, with over 5M daily active users and 15M monthly active users. What's the job?
What we'll love about you
- Working collaboratively with a brilliant cross-functional, cross-timezone team to make Grindr the best app it can be for its users
- Able to work across multiple work streams and use ambiguity as an opportunity for high-level thinking.
- Create innovation by guiding data-driven decisions to adopt new technologies, architectures, and workflow
- Elevate your team's technical proficiency; help your team adopt new tools and ways of working
- Using Swift, XCode, RxSwift, Bitrise, Fastlane, Jenkins, and Github , you will be evolving and maintaining the software architecture for current and future needs in order to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products, while supporting the product roadmap
We'll really swoon if you have
- You love taking ownership. You think beyond your team and know how to implement change across your organization.
- You have at least 6 years of experience building complex iOS applications
- You have a well-built technical experience that inspires individual contributors' creativity and innovation.
- You have experience with product leadership and technical decision-making and know how to leverage that for good judgments and tradeoffs between product and code
- You have been working closely with various levels of business stakeholders, from the c-suite, VP level, and down.
- You can jump into the code on a deep level but can also contribute to long-term initiatives by mentoring your team.
- Strong practical knowledge of software engineering best practices and design patterns such as MVVM, Coordinator, one-way data flow, modular architecture, performance optimization & metrics
- Experience with Architecture at scale and have worked with different tech stacks outside of mobile.
What you'll love about us
- Professional Experience with RxSwift or any functional reactive programming framework.
- Professional Experience with Coordinators and/or RxFlow
- Global impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGTBQ+ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGTBQ+ people around the world.
- High Growth: Like the company itself, this role offers significant room for growth and development
- Remote First: We have offices in LA, NYC, SF, Chicago, Toronto, and Taipei, though the company is set up not just as remote-friendly, but remote-first. More than 30% of our employees work outside the cities where we have offices. Today, we are set up to hire easily in the US, Canada, and Taiwan. If you live outside one of these countries, just let us know so we can make sure we can support you.
- Comp: Industry competitive compensation, including equity for all employees
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation policy
- Family insurance: We provide great insurance coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and your family.
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401(k) plan
- Other Perks: Home-office stipend and many company-sponsored events
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world's largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet. Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact on our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr's mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.