Avangrid is looking for a Customer Care Supervisor to join their team in Orange, CT.
This position is operational & supervisory in nature and ensures that high quality customer service is delivered. The performance of the team has an immediate and high impact on the business operation of the company. This position also provides assistance to the customer care representatives by handling escalated customer calls and resolving complex customer concerns. Supervisors provide employee development and training. May present both internally/externally, including to regulatory and customer representatives.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead, coach, train and manage customer care representatives in all aspects of their jobs to ensure high quality customer service.
- Provide direct supervision and development to assigned representatives.
- Provide performance and quality assurance reviews, address all areas of opportunity and strive to continually improve the quality and productivity of the team.
- Uphold the Customer Bill of Rights and all other Company policies.
- Investigate and resolve escalated and complex customer concerns. This includes successfully collaborating with internal and external resources.
- Embrace new technologies and strive to produce process improvements; orchestrate these changes with the team. Meet all goals and deadlines.
- Lead assigned special projects, participate on company-wide projects to advance the company's business plan.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, Behavioral Sciences is required.
- Associate degree in Business, Finance or behavioral science with ten years of strongly related experience may be considered in lieu of a BS/BA Degree.
- Seven years of customer service experience with progressive levels of responsibility in a call center environment is highly preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities are needed for supervision and managing escalated customer situations.
- Demonstrated leadership accomplishments with successfully supervising others is required.
- Experience managing a unionize workforce is preferable.
- May require account collections experience depending on the opening.
- Requires the ability to work a flexible schedule that includes some evenings/Saturdays, as well as, call-in for storm-emergency operations.
About the Company
AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.'s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World's Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.