A Value Stream Leader
is a key role within the organization tasked with driving manufacturing excellence at the shop floor level. Coaching, guiding and developing teammates to drive improved results in the areas of Safety, Quality, Service and Cost initiatives. This role is additionally responsible for administering policies and corrective actions, support new products and advocating team growth within a team-based environment. Job Summary:
This position will be responsible for helping with the design of tools and dies, scheduling the tool and die shop, managing tool and die makers, manage shop supplies, maintaining high quality standards, and adhering to company safety standards. Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and policies to prevent injuries to workers.
- Maintain company standards for quality and work within ISO processes and lean initiatives.
- Coach teammates to be successful in meeting or exceeding team goals in quality, service, cost and safety in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Conduct employee evaluations with the assistance of the Value Stream Manager, provide constructive feedback for performance improvements and conflict resolution.
- Support, model, and promote Lindsay Corporation behaviors and plant culture.
- Monitor and provide developmental coaching for value stream teammates.
- Monitor metrics that impact team performance and address shortfalls in achieving goals and targets, as it relates to team performance.
- Recognize and reward employees for achievements through use of the Employee Recognition Program.
- Facilitate daily team meetings and ensure shift hand-off meetings occur to relay crucial information across teams and shifts.
- Provide a safe work environment. Monitor safety conditions within the team, including incident reports, near misses and conduct accident investigations with root cause analysis.
- Manage staffing levels to ensure plans are executed, maintain cross-training.
- Interview and select candidates for team positions.
- Support team projects, champion Kaizen events, and implement cost saving initiatives
- Collaborate with Value Stream Manager, Engineering and Planning functions to support the successful integration of new products, and equipment launches
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Problem solving and troubleshooting
- Effective Communication - Training and motivating team members
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and hands-on ERP systems experience
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among operations team
- Organization and planning, managing projects and teams
- Being customer oriented and courteous
: Minimum of 5 years of tool & die making experience in a fabrication environment. Experience in a lead position is a plus, but not required.