This role will have you involved in a variety of projects within the Technology Department. You will provide project management leadership to ensure that our projects are realized and completed successfully.
We are strongly focused on customer experience, quality, accountability, and collaboration.
As Technical Project Manager, you will have project management responsibility for an area or major function within the technology or development organization and must be able to manage multiple projects across multiple project teams, departments and multiple international regions. You will work closely with a broad range of operations and development engineers, testers, and product managers to plan and execute projects, assess and respond to risks, identify and track issues, and summarize and report on project and program status for internal management and project teams. You will partner with fellow project managers to identify cross-dependencies, communicate information, and ensure objectives are met.
To be a good match for this position you will have at least five years of project and/or program management experience in a technical environment, and experience with one or more Agile lifecycle process such as Scrum, Lean, SAFe, or Kanban. You will need to feel comfortable talking and planning with DBAs, network engineers, and NOC resources as this role will manage backend and change processes with those teams, and not specific applications.
Position is remote in U.S. and candidate must be able to collaborate with scheduled international team meetings early in PST zone.
In this role you will.
- Responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, driving project schedules from scope to release, and managing the production launch.
- You will lead and coordinate scope/implementation efforts between internal teams to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
- The right candidate will possess a strong project management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in development/operations.
- You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- As a project manager, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected.
- High judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Youve got what it takes if you have
- Excellent problem-solving & communication skills
- Experience developing and delivering on project milestones
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in technical program and/or technical project management in a software applications environment from a product-based company.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical disciplineor equivalent experience
- Ability to fully engage with technical/operations teams and business teams and effectively manage customer expectations and resolve conflicts that balance client and company needs
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Consideration for privacy and security obligations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced matrix environment including managing across multiple geographies, functions & organizations.
An extra dose of awesome if you have...
- Certification in PMP, Prince2 or SCRUM
- Experience with Agile or other program methodologies
- Proficiency with PM tools such as Jira, Confluence, Smartsheet, and MS Excel
- Masters degree in business (MBA)
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at