Emerald Health Services is hiring a Travel - Histology Tech
Shift: Variable D/E, Between 5a and 3:30p, 8's, 10's, M-F
Length: 13 Weeks
- 1 year experience
- Must have experience with Histology specimen processing (microtomy, embedding, H&E staining, immunostaining, coverslipping, grossing assistance)
- Experienced Traveler preferred
- ASCP Certification preferred
Number of Needs: 1
Start Date: Immediate Need
Assignment Duration: 13 weeks
Shift Times/Schedule: Day Shift (Between the hours of 5am and 3:30pm).
Specialty Requirements/Years of Experience: Must have experience with Histology specimen processing (microtomy, embedding, H&E staining, immunostaining, coverslipping, grossing assistance)
Certifications: HT/HTL ASCP Certification Preferred.
Special Procedures/Equipment: Microtomy, Embedding, Automatic Staining (H&E and Immunostaining), Frozen Section Procedures, Grossing Assistance. Leica brand equipment utilized for embedding, cutting, staining, coverslipping, and frozen sections. Ventana Benchmark Ultra utilized for immunostains. Ventana Benchmark Special Stainer utilized for special stains.
Patient Ratio: N/A
Charting System Experience: N/A
Weekend/On Call Requirements: N/A
Floating Requirements: N/A
First Time Traveler (Y/N): Experienced Traveler Preferred
Scrub Color: Dark Grey/Pewter
Additional Notes: Days worked are Monday - Friday. Shifts are either 10 hour or 8 hour shifts depending on the need. Hours of operation to cover for the department are 5 am to 3:30 pm.
170233- 850 Lab Pathology PBB
The Emerald Difference:
- Day 1 health insurance coverage and comprehensive benefits options
- 401(k) matching program
- Weekly direct deposit
- Concierge state licensing program for RN and other healthcare modalities in multiple states, including CA
- Industry leading allowances and reimbursements
- Referral program with cash bonuses and additional perks
- Exclusive job openings - Only at Emerald
- Emerald Elite Program - Priority status at top facilities and exclusive loyalty bonuses
Pay rate is estimated based on weekly gross income.