Do you thrive in a company in which you roll up your sleeves and get it done? Do you want to work for a company that is people-centric, execution driven, accountability focused and marked by world-class safety, a high level of energy and unquestionable integrity? If so, come join us. Charah Solutions is the leading provider of environmental services and byproduct sales to the power generation industry.
Based in Louisville, Kentucky, we assist utilities and independent power producers in sustainably managing and recycling ash byproducts generated from the combustion of coal in the production of electricity. With over 30 years of experience, we also design and implement solutions for ash pond management and closure, landfill construction, fly ash sales, and structural fill projects. To be our best, we need the best. At Charah Solutions, our best begins with you.
Charah Solutions offers: Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Company Contribution After 1 Year, Paid Time Off, Incredible Safety Record, and Well-Maintained Equipment.
This position is responsible for the use and operation of various dump trucks and water trucks in a safe and efficient manner at a designated job site.
- Drive and maneuver dump trucks in an off-road setting
- Operate water trucks to suppress particle build-up and maintain air quality on site
- Safely unload material into designated areas
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Must be able to quickly and repeatedly adjust controls of machine to exact positions as necessary
- Learn, follow, and promote all safety regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Valid drivers license required
- Minimum one-year experience operating trucks required
- Experience driving in a construction or similar environment preferred
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in ash management, structural fills and landfills preferred
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- This position requires a flexible work schedule: nights, weekends, holidays, and/or overtime
- Must be able to climb, maintain body equilibrium, reach, grasp, bend and walk/stand/sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to hear and see naturally or with correction
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Be subject to loud noises
- Be subject to atmospheric conditions - one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odor, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
- This position requires working in the internal and external environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints in a changing environment
- Ability to effectively communicate
Job Posting Title: Truck Driver
External Company Name: Charah Solutions Inc.