About MedStar Health
Ultrasound Technologist- Baltimore Region - FT, PT and Per Diem!
MedStar Health is actively hiring Ultrasound Technologists to join our amazing team of Radiology professionals within the Baltimore Hospitals! Ifyouareopen tomakinga change and possess team SPIRIT, consider joining our dynamic and growing team of Ultrasound Technologists at MedStar! We have various shifts, schedules and on call opportunitieswaiting for you.Apply now, don't wait!
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital
- MedStar Harbor Hospital
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology; Associate's degree preferred; training in computer-assisted tomography.
- 6 months CT experience or completion of a certified CT program.
- Radiology Technologist license in the State of Maryland. CPR certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy. Basic computer skills preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
- Performs CAT Scan Radiology studies. Obtains patient history, explains routine procedures, and addresses patient concerns.
- Performs CT techniques and examinations, abdominal scans, retroperitoneal scans, obstetric and gynecology scans, radiation therapy localization for treatment planning, and minor surgical procedures.
- Performs IV Access and contrast injections per departmental policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requests and orders supplies as necessary to keep materials on hand at all times.
- Reviews and evaluates completed tests for quality, completeness, and type of test ordered. Ensures quality images.
- Selects and operates equipment as directed.
- Transports patients to CAT Scan room; prepares and maintains room for daily activities.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.